Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doug Vahrenburg ?

Looks like Doug has not been active on here since back in 2017. Anybody know what's up? Hope he is okay. He has always been a major contributor and source of info on here.

he's active on facebook. they should replace him as a mod here though. Same for Mike

If it weren’t for Wayne we would be screwed!

But we do need a mod that is willing to clean up all the sticky's up there they are a messed

I’ve spent hours sifting through them and still end up posting my question
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    he's active on facebook. they should replace him as a mod here though. Same for Mike
    I need to find new Mods for the forum.

5. Member
    I'm 2+ years into hanging out here and have never seen activity from the mods.
    +1 for Wayne's contributions, but I doubt he wants the extra burden.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

6. Member
    Yes Mr Wayne, I thank you for everything you do.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g-string View Post
    Yes Mr Wayne, I thank you for everything you do.
    No doubt thank you for all your time spent on the forum helping people.

Absolutely can't say enough about Wayne. He even posts replies in other forums that are bird related. Great guy. I wish he could come do a ride along in my boat. If you are ever in Vegas.... got some bbq ready for you..
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

10. Member
    11/17/16. The date of the last post on this forum from Humminbird Doug!!!
    And not one word of farewell...
    For sure it's been a much more peaceful three years without the two listed moderators.

11. Member
    The forum may need a leader but I must say there are a number of VERY valuable members that go above and beyond to help, troubleshoot, guide/advise. I had to write the checks but wouldn’t have the setup I do without a few here on the Birds forum. I think as long as we continue to support each other and share information, we do ok
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    11/17/16. The date of the last post on this forum from Humminbird Doug!!!
    And not one word of farewell...
    For sure it's been a much more peaceful three years without the two listed moderators.
    I did find it interesting though when switching to birds that Doug’s videos are everywhere on YouTube and he was listed as a mod but I never found anything current or stating a parting ways.... not sure what really happened
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

13. Member
    I agree that some very important information is shared by members. The site has a good vibe for me. Sharing tips and solid support by some that go beyond just a standard, call HB. I believe that some friendships have led to good communication with others.

Yeah, I noticed Doug was active on FB and seems to still be on the HB pro staff. His videos and input have always helpful and he was always very responsive when asking a question. Seems odd for him to just disappear from the BBC boards without giving a fair well or something. I was afraid that maybe he had an unexpected health issue or something. Hope that's not the case.

He owns and operates a Massey Ferguson dealership and has quite a few you tube videos on their tractors and equipment.
    It would be quite a chore to stay active doing that and faceplace, and make yourself available every day on this Forum.

But, it is odd he just vanished.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    The forum may need a leader but I must say there are a number of VERY valuable members that go above and beyond to help, troubleshoot, guide/advise. I had to write the checks but wouldn’t have the setup I do without a few here on the Birds forum. I think as long as we continue to support each other and share information, we do ok
    Yeah the two Humminbird forums (this one and Image Interpretation) occupy more of my time than any other areas of this site. I've received some great consultation from a lot of great people on many forums on BBC, but this one is a step up even yet.

Back in the day, there were a few guys who constantly attacked HB and I think Doug just got tired of dealing with them.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Back in the day, there were a few guys who constantly attacked HB and I think Doug just got tired of dealing with them.
    Exactly a few bitched pretty much every time Doug posted something & they couldn't stand it because he praised humminbird so he bailed. There were a lot of us who actually enjoyed his posts & he helped a lot. Thankfully Wayne does all that he does to help because he definitely stays busy doing it for sure. In my opinion those bitching all the time about all the free help being recieved here should have been canned so they'd really have something to bitch about.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Exactly a few bitched pretty much every time Doug posted something & they couldn't stand it because he praised humminbird so he bailed. There were a lot of us who actually enjoyed his posts & he helped a lot. Thankfully Wayne does all that he does to help because he definitely stays busy doing it for sure. In my opinion those bitching all the time about all the free help being recieved here should have been canned so they'd really have something to bitch about.
    he was nice to have around cause he would always have details of new products coming out. I guess he gave up forums cause he used to post on the TFF but stopped their also. With all the bullshit I don't blame him

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    he was nice to have around cause he would always have details of new products coming out.
    Yes he termed the phrase "cheap chirp" (referring to Lowrance of course) and was
    (Also) against touch screens at a time when it looked like Humminbird had no interest
    Either.
    But we know how that turned out.
    Last edited by bigjoe; 11-17-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast