How to keep water OUT of livewell?

Hi everyone!
    Anyone know what size plug I need to keep water from getting in my livewells at all? 2013 Triton Pro. Want to keep water out of there in the early Spring and late Fall non tournament season. Basically anytime I'm not fishing a tournament I'd love to keep water out of there especially since the AIS inspections here in MN require them to be drained and dry and would be much easier than constantly wiping them out when I'm not using them. And if I plug the intake near the main drain plug is that all I need to do? I assume it's coming in thru the overflow. Anyone else do this? I've been using duct tape because the 3 sizes of plugs I have don't fit...
    Daryl Larson
    13 Triton 18pro, 150hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Garmin Electronics

2. Member
    I don't know the exact size but you could measure the diameter of the hole to get close then go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get them in the pull out drawer section there, solid rubber and very durable. i have been using those for many years in many applications with great success.

Yup. Trial and error. They are all cheep just buy several till you get the right sizes. I fish mn and do this just as you said. Also yesterday my wells were dry and tomorrow's low is 0* so I'm a happy camper
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    try 5/8

5. Member
    This is what I use in mine ^^^^^