Lake Level Adjustment & Depth Shading on HDS Gen 2 Touch?

I have two HDS 9 Gen 2 touch units on my boat with navionics cards. Am I able to adjust the lake level in the case of winter draw down and input depth shading if I want to highlight water in a specific depth range?

If yes, how do I go about doing so? If no, what models did this become available?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

2. Banned
    It will depend on the age of your card. If you have older cards, you should be able to depth highlight.

Clarify: you cannot drop the top contours off, but you can change the colors of the contours to the new level.

3. Member
    So the older cards can do this but the newer ones can't, is that correct?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    So the older cards can do this but the newer ones can't, is that correct?

All cards can do it, but with the newer card, you have to have an active subscription for the feature to work. My cards are both S6 versions and my graphs are gen2 Touches with the most recent update and they depth shade. (Apparently the S6 came out in 2010 and they still use that same number on it).

Go to your chart menu (make sure you have the orange highlighted outline around the chart), bottom right screen, you should see the depth highlight option. I’m not near my boat and won’t be until Sunday or I’d give you the exact steps.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 11-08-2019 at 03:45 PM.

5. Member
    You can not do depth shading per se. You can highlight a single range, say 10’ - 20’. On the newer cards it’s not called “Depth Highlight”. Now it’s called “Fishing Range” and it allows you to set a upper and lower limit. It functions exactly like the “Depth Highlight” . Once configured the selected range will be displayed in white. You can not shade multiple ranges nor do you get to select the range color - it will be white. If you change the chart type from International to US the blues are a little darker offering better contrast/separation of the depths.

6. Member
    Good info. I appreciate the feedback!

7. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    If you fish KY lake or other major TN lakes, you may want to take a look at the C-Map Precision HD card for TN. It can do the depth ranges by color and is a great deal more accurate than the Navionics on the major lakes.