Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ghost first impression

I’ve ran the ghost the last two days and All I can say is I’m extremely impressed.

I’m running a Ranger 185 with a 24v system and my boat flys! The HDS Live Integration is is simple and easy to use. The clarity in the down scan and 2D sonar is flawless and what we have been asking for. Anchor mode allows you to “jog” in any direction and maintaining the anchor. The list goes on... very impressed
    Last edited by zachmeredith; 11-07-2019 at 09:58 PM.

It will be my next TM . I like the fact that the head remains still .

3. Member
    I think Lowrance has a winner with the Ghost Trolling motors. A well thought out design.

I've been told the longer shaft motor will be out in the 2nd quarter of 2020 and the remote in the 1st quarter.

Stay tuned...

Brian

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zachmeredith View Post
    I’ve ran the ghost the last two days and All I can say is I’m extremely impressed.

I’m running a Ranger 185 with a 24v system and my boat flys! The HDS Live Integration is is simple and easy to use. The clarity in the down scan and 2D sonar is flawless and what we have been asking for. Anchor mode allows you to “jog” in any direction and maintaining the anchor. The list goes on... very impressed

Video, my friend...make us one.

5. Member
    Can't wait for the UPS truck to pull into my driveway. Anxious to get mine and try it out.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Can't wait for the UPS truck to pull into my driveway. Anxious to get mine and try it out.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Many videos to come. Lowrance and the Pros releasing them soon. I was told yesterday the first motors to be shipped out the 18th.

8. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    We have a long waiting list on them already and have been told that shipments will be allocated... translation is that the OEM market (boat builders) will be getting the lion's share of the first shipments and then we will get SOME.

It will take patience but hopefully by Jan/Feb, most will get covered and they will be readily available.

9. Member
    Super excited about this product.

10. Banned
    I’ve had one on order prepaid (might have been a screw up there) since Labor Day, sure do hope mine isn’t delayed.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post

https://vimeo.com/371979685?ref=tw-share‬

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zachmeredith View Post

Man, that’s just a teaser! Install that thing and hit the water, I want to see and hear it in action. Are there going to be any additional parts needed for connecting to the existing nmea or is it all included?

13. Member
    My boat had the NMEA 2K running up to the front unit, the Ghost comes with a T connector and connected directly in to my existing NMEA 2K. You will not need to buy any other parts to make this work.

14. Banned
    That’s what I thought I had read, but I wanted to make sure I have everything I need.

Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    We have a long waiting list on them already and have been told that shipments will be allocated... translation is that the OEM market (boat builders) will be getting the lion's share of the first shipments and then we will get SOME.

It will take patience but hopefully by Jan/Feb, most will get covered and they will be readily available.
    Can't wait for you to send me the words, "tracking information"! Keep ,me posted Roy.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

My new boat will deliver next week and we’ve got a call into the Lowrance rep making sure we’ve still got one coming!!

17. Banned
    Any new updates?

18. Member
    Collins4,

I've been out on the water a dozen or so times now running the Ghost. The first couple of trips I spent the first couple of hours each day leaving my rods in the lockers and really running and learning the Ghost. This is typically what I do for all new Lowrance products. Each time out, I try on focusing on different functions of the ghost to help me kinda master each function. For Me, just like in school this is how I learn. Over the the last coupe of trips I really focus on what I would use the ghost for. From what I have learned, these are the 3 functions I would used all the time.

1. Anchor lock - From obvious reason, like most would say this is a great feature. From slack winds to 20mph the anchor lock has kept me on the spot. From the rotation of the motor to the speed, most of the time I forgot it was on. Yesterday I was out on the lake fishing a main lake point in 20' of water. wind was blowing 10-15mph towards the shore. I sat fishing the point, not moving for about 45 min.

2. Heading lock - This is a feature I really gave no chance to when learning the Ghost. I didn't think I could have a practical use for this feature. I was proven wrong over and over. I really started to see the use of this feature for its use moving quickly from two spots. After finding a solid bite off banks with rocks lines visible from shore into the water, I was able to anchor and fish one spot then set Heading lock to move to the next spot while I changed baits or focused on my side and down imaging. Once I was over the spot the anchor lock engaged. Another great reason for me to learn this was leaving the ramp in the morning. I was able to set a heading lock to the buoy line, while cruzing tho the buoy line to take off i was able to get my boat ready ie: pulling rods out setting up gopro and putting anchor line and buoy away.

3. Auto pilot - This has become my favorite feature. Last weekend I was fishing a submerged hump in 35' of water. the hump was 60'-80' in diameter. I went onto my map and created a full 360* route of the submerged hump and saved it as "point hump DVL" once it was saved you are able to pull up saved route and hit go to. The ghost has a feature asking speed and duration. I 'm able to set speed from slow to fast. I set the speed at 10% power and fished the submerged hump from all angles. I fished around 5 laps and pulled three fish off that hump. Two of the fish came from the same area of the hump but only when my lure came from the right angle. I believe if I was anchored, I wouldn't have got the two fish. Both fish seemed only to want my bait from a certain angle.

Zach

19. Member
    Would you be using the lowrance HDS interface or the remote? I use 1 & 2 on my non-ghost noname. Hadn't considered circling a hump in slo-mo. Good idea!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Would you be using the lowrance HDS interface or the remote? I use 1 & 2 on my non-ghost noname. Hadn't considered circling a hump in slo-mo. Good idea!
    With HDS Lives, I have the Remote for the Lives but I never use it. I don't see myself using a remote to control the Ghost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast