Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachmeredith View Post
    Collins4,

I've been out on the water a dozen or so times now running the Ghost. The first couple of trips I spent the first couple of hours each day leaving my rods in the lockers and really running and learning the Ghost. This is typically what I do for all new Lowrance products. Each time out, I try on focusing on different functions of the ghost to help me kinda master each function. For Me, just like in school this is how I learn. Over the the last coupe of trips I really focus on what I would use the ghost for. From what I have learned, these are the 3 functions I would used all the time.

1. Anchor lock - From obvious reason, like most would say this is a great feature. From slack winds to 20mph the anchor lock has kept me on the spot. From the rotation of the motor to the speed, most of the time I forgot it was on. Yesterday I was out on the lake fishing a main lake point in 20' of water. wind was blowing 10-15mph towards the shore. I sat fishing the point, not moving for about 45 min.

2. Heading lock - This is a feature I really gave no chance to when learning the Ghost. I didn't think I could have a practical use for this feature. I was proven wrong over and over. I really started to see the use of this feature for its use moving quickly from two spots. After finding a solid bite off banks with rocks lines visible from shore into the water, I was able to anchor and fish one spot then set Heading lock to move to the next spot while I changed baits or focused on my side and down imaging. Once I was over the spot the anchor lock engaged. Another great reason for me to learn this was leaving the ramp in the morning. I was able to set a heading lock to the buoy line, while cruzing tho the buoy line to take off i was able to get my boat ready ie: pulling rods out setting up gopro and putting anchor line and buoy away.

3. Auto pilot - This has become my favorite feature. Last weekend I was fishing a submerged hump in 35' of water. the hump was 60'-80' in diameter. I went onto my map and created a full 360* route of the submerged hump and saved it as "point hump DVL" once it was saved you are able to pull up saved route and hit go to. The ghost has a feature asking speed and duration. I 'm able to set speed from slow to fast. I set the speed at 10% power and fished the submerged hump from all angles. I fished around 5 laps and pulled three fish off that hump. Two of the fish came from the same area of the hump but only when my lure came from the right angle. I believe if I was anchored, I wouldn't have got the two fish. Both fish seemed only to want my bait from a certain angle.

Zach
    Can you select a contour line to follow instead of creating a route around the hump?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    Can you select a contour line to follow instead of creating a route around the hump?
    I'd rather draw the route in most of the places i'd use this.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjaymmman View Post
    That is a feature patented by John. Group. (In other words, no.)

4. Banned
    Got mine installed last night and I'm having issues using the intergration on my carbon graphs. I'm running the latest software and have paired the ghost with my units via bluetooth but no luck.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    Got mine installed last night and I'm having issues using the intergration on my carbon graphs. I'm running the latest software and have paired the ghost with my units via bluetooth but no luck.
    Update called lowrance today and there has to be an update for the units before they will communicate with the ghost.

6. Member
    Any one know the outer diameter of the part of the shaft that doesn't move? Won't have my motor til Jan and am looking to buy a clamp on transducer mount and want to make sure it fits.

7. Banned
    Zach, PM sent about the ghost.

8. Member
    Update called lowrance today and there has to be an update for the units before they will communicate with the ghost.
    Start by using NMEA2000 and not Bluetooth. :)
    "To control the trolling motor from a display unit, connect the trolling motor to the NMEA 2000backbone. Refer to the display unit documentation for further instructions on how to controlthe trolling motor"

file:///H:/Downloads/Temp/Ghost-seri...2451-003_w.pdf

Are the 3-N-1 nose cones available yet?
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigfishRanger View Post
    Are the 3-N-1 nose cones available yet?

not yet

edit: Russell Marine shows them, nothing shows a backorder.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 11-28-2019 at 11:26 PM.

11. Member
    Man you have 9 lives.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Start by using NMEA2000 and not Bluetooth. :)
    "To control the trolling motor from a display unit, connect the trolling motor to the NMEA 2000backbone. Refer to the display unit documentation for further instructions on how to controlthe trolling motor"

file:///H:/Downloads/Temp/Ghost-seri...2451-003_w.pdf
    It's hooked up to my NEMA 2K system either way once you get into the autopilot screen on the depthfinder it don't see the ghost. I can see it in my NEMA network with both my carbon units but I'm not able to do anything with it. Also to save someone some headache I'm guessing until intergration with units comes out the Ghost will not work with a point 1 to use heading or anchor. I found this out yesterday when I spent over an hour trying to calibrate the sensor with the trolling motor.

13. Banned
    . Also to save someone some headache I'm guessing until intergration with units comes out the Ghost will not work with a point 1 to use heading or anchor. I found this out yesterday when I spent over an hour trying to calibrate the sensor with the trolling motor.

Edit: see below
    Last edited by grout-scout; 11-29-2019 at 09:20 AM.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    it has its own heading sensor, needs to be about 2’ from the mount bracket. It doesn’t use the point1 in any way.

Did yours not have the heading sensor in the box?
    It won't calibrate as described by lowrance on their website.
    https://www.lowrance.com/help-and-su...uideId=522-855

15. Banned
    It won't calibrate as described by lowrance on their website.
    https://www.lowrance.com/help-and-su...uideId=522-855

well kiss my azz, it was said that it would not work with the point1. I guess technically it won’t, right now anyways. I installed the one that came with it and forgot to calibrate it. Sure hope it fixes my odd spotlock thing that I had going.

16. Banned
    Yeah I really didn't want to drill anymore holes than I had to in my boat but I wen't ahead and mounted the heading sensor. I hope the update comes soon to allow intergration with the units so hopefully I can use it with my point 1 that I have mounted on the bow.

17. Banned
    Yeah I really didn't want to drill anymore holes than I had to in my boat but I wen't ahead and mounted the heading sensor. I hope the update comes soon to allow intergration with the units so hopefully I can use it with my point 1 that I have mounted on the bow.

I agree, when you called them, did the confirm that it would work with the Live and just not the Carbon? I’m thinking about buying a Live, but this might help sway me to hold off for a bit.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I agree, when you called them, did the confirm that it would work with the Live and just not the Carbon? I’m thinking about buying a Live, but this might help sway me to hold off for a bit.
    I didn't ask but I don't think it will work on anything until they release the updates. I've talked to some lowrance prostaff guys also and they have no intergration yet either. I'm happy with the unit as a stand alone trolling motor right now I can't wait to see how it will be with full intergration.

19. Banned
    Finally got out on the water this weekend with my ghost in 10-15mph sustained winds and spotlock performed flawless.

20. Member
    Lowrance will be releasing 19.3 to general public soon. I’m told end of the month. Once the 19.3 is released you will have (thru NMEA2K) full access to control the Ghost thru TI/Carbon/live units. The vision I’ve been running, from what I’ve been told is the 19.3 that will be released.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123