Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by soulloud View Post
    Did you get your new prop yet?
    Yes I have ran the 23 Tempest Plus. I also installed the Vessel View Mobile. My analog tach is off over 1000 rpms at WOT! Must be on the wrong setting.

Anyhow, first test with new prop I was able to get 5500 rpms at 62 mph. I am only at 5.8 hours on the outboard. Thinking about doing more break in and seeing how the 23 performs, but a 22 tempest might be the best all around prop especially without a jackplate.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

Been a while since I've posted much.

Still loving my 189TRX.

I've upgraded a few things as I have gone along. Installed a new ultrex.

I finally got around to installing my manual jack plate today.

Excited to try it out on the water tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2019 Triton 189 TRX

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ford4wd08 View Post
    Yes I have ran the 23 Tempest Plus. I also installed the Vessel View Mobile. My analog tach is off over 1000 rpms at WOT! Must be on the wrong setting.

Anyhow, first test with new prop I was able to get 5500 rpms at 62 mph. I am only at 5.8 hours on the outboard. Thinking about doing more break in and seeing how the 23 performs, but a 22 tempest might be the best all around prop especially without a jackplate.
    A 22 Tempest Plus should work on your boat. I have the same hull with a different model designation (18 TRX ) and a 200 Pro XS and run a 22 Tempest Plus for my spare prop and can turn 6000 when running light at 70 mph.

Love your colors.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 05-15-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    A 22 Tempest Plus should work on your boat. I have the same hull with a different model designation (18 TRX ) and a 200 Pro XS and run a 22 Tempest Plus for my spare prop and can turn 6000 when running light at 70 mph.

Love your colors.
    Thank you for the compliment. I love the color scheme too!

I think I can spin a 22 after testing yesterday. I'm going to play with it more and get it dialed in, waiting on my sensor for water pressure gage before I go up anymore.

2019 Triton 189 TRX

5. Member
    It was a good upgrade with the ultrex, I think you will like it. Did your boat come with a hotfoot?

Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    It was a good upgrade with the ultrex, I think you will like it. Did your boat come with a hotfoot?
    Ultrex has definitely changed the way I fish. It is a worth the price and I know that one can be hard to stomach.

No Hotfoot in my boat just throttle control. I've actually never owned a boat with one.

I'm debating one at some point. Just have to see. I think blinker trim would be a good upgrade as well.

2019 Triton 189 TRX

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ford4wd08 View Post
    Ultrex has definitely changed the way I fish. It is a worth the price and I know that one can be hard to stomach.

No Hotfoot in my boat just throttle control. I've actually never owned a boat with one.

I'm debating one at some point. Just have to see. I think blinker trim would be a good upgrade as well.
    Never had a boat with a hot foot until the last couple years. It really helped me have more control of the boat in adverse conditions I can keep both hands on the wheel and still have instant, precise control of my throttle. Blinker trim is great for pretty much the same reason.

When buying my 189 I opted for the ultrex but only thought I'd use it wile ledge fishing on trips. (Not much ledge fishing on my home lake) Now that I've had it a wile I wonder how I ever got by without. Not only the spotlock but the "North up" feature as well, absolute game changer.

8. Member
    Curious how testing is progressing with the 22 Tempest after the jackplate install. I just picked up a 189 with the 175 ProXS 4 stroke. I haven’t ran it yet. It came with a 6” Z-Lock and a 22 Tempest. Any recommendations for ptp measurement to start with? I’m excited to try it out!

I'm still running a 21p for now, but I do have a 22 on the way. I think I need to raise my plate up, but I'm waiting until my water pressure sensor gets here before I go up anymore.

2019 Triton 189 TRX

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post

Love your colors.

What prop to pad are you running with your 18 TRX?

I'm trying to get mine dialed in.

2019 Triton 189 TRX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123