Thread: Z9 ultrex shaft

Z9 ultrex shaft

What length MK Ultrex are you guys running on the z9'S? 45 or 52 shaft? will a nitro cover fit with a 52"?

2. Member
    My buddy put a 52" on his 2013 Z-9. His Nitro cover will not fit now. I am not sure if it would have even fit with a 45" shaft. The old TM was a MG Tour.

I don't think those covers were designed for an ultrex. You'll prolly have to go after market for a cover.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    I have Z8 with 52" shaft and had to have cover modified. Think it would be the same with 48". If you are happy with your current cover it is not bad to have it modified. My local dealership had the contact and lead for cover place. Would bet yours would too.

5. Member
    Thanks guys- that answers that question! First Nitro and looking to add an ultrex- will get cover modified!.

6. Member
    You can turn the prop out which puts the head in and it fit mine Z21 with 52”

I would go with 45" unless you regularly fish big waves or have livescope and trying to get the best image. The few times I surfaced my 45" fortrex would have been better with an ultrex because the power steering won't buck on you when leaving the water. I wish I had a 45"
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089