Dale Hollow Guide

I posted a couple months ago about where to stay at Dale Hollow with my wife. Long story short, she can't go, so I'm taking my dad. Found an incredible deal at Eagle Cove for 7 nights in a two story chalet that I couldn't pass up. We're going the week after Thanksgiving.

I've decided to get a guide our first day there so we don't waste 3 days trying to figure the smallmouth out. Anyone have a recommendation? I'm not looking to use live bait. I'm confident I have all the right tackle, but I just want someone to show us how to catch the darn things and have some fun. Thanks.

2. Member
    I have not used this guy we just talked to him at a show and he seemed like someone I might try in the future Buckeye Guide Service on Dale Hollow 270-433-1105. I guess it is a starting point on your research of guides in that area that we had a hard time finding many. We went out with a guide and his first name was Gene and only caught two fish all day so I am also looking for a different guide.

You can give my buddy a call, guides and fishes Dale Hollow a lot. His name is Mike Allen and his number is 1-931-704-4527

and mention that Jeremy referred you. Good luck and tight lines...
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

4. Member
    Oldmanwinter - thanks for the PM's and reaching out to your buddy, but after seeing fishon's post, I remembered I met the guy from Buckeye Guide Service at the Cincinnati Outdoor/Boat show earlier this year. I reached out to him and he was available. Even recommended some baits to bring for that time of year.

I'll report back how it goes. Fingers crossed that the water temp gets down to around 50*.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    Oldmanwinter - thanks for the PM's and reaching out to your buddy, but after seeing fishon's post, I remembered I met the guy from Buckeye Guide Service at the Cincinnati Outdoor/Boat show earlier this year. I reached out to him and he was available. Even recommended some baits to bring for that time of year.

I'll report back how it goes. Fingers crossed that the water temp gets down to around 50*.
    I meet him a show in Lawrenceburg Indiana and liked his prices and his style. I am also interested in going out with him next time I go to Dale Hollow and would be interested in what you think about him. I was looking at the card he gave me and he said March and April are generally really good times to go out so I might try that. I am also from Northern KY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post

Good luck, I am hopefully looking at April coming down for the little drive. Was only able to fish it one day last time.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

7. Member
    Went to Dale Hollow last week. Fished for 6 days with my dad and uncle. Had a blast. Used Buckeye Guide Service on Monday and the guy was great. Really enjoyed hanging out with him and picking his brain. He's been fishing Dale Hollow for 30 years. I even asked him to go back out on Wednesday. Great guy and loved listening to his stories. Felt like I made a friend. I would definitely recommend.

We didn't slay them, but from what I heard, no one was. Caught 3 20.5" inch smallmouth, but no overs. He put us on smallmouth, largemouth, and spots. It was a good time.

Yes... that's snow in the picture!

Been a while since I fished DH. Call Dale Hollow One Stop in Celina, they can give info on several guides. Convenience/tackle/coffee shop. Talked with several guides there, who stopped for coffee on the way home.

9. Member
    Thanks for the update on the trip and guide. Sounds like I need to give him a call.

One stop has changed hands Steven Headrick no longer owns it. Not the place it once was.