Banned

Falls Lake---pair of albino deer!!

Saw and took pics of a pair of albino deer today on Falls while bass fishing. Was across the lake(about 400 yards) and saw 2 white objects moving around on the shoreline. Picked up the binoculars and sure enough it was. Cranked up and rode within about 75 yards before mom made them all retreat. Got pics and video of them. Quite unusual to see a pair together. It was the highlight of the day because the fishing was terrible---only 3 keeper bites all day and all 3 came on top water.

2. Member
    Falls has been tough for sure. Hard lake to fish for me.

3. Banned
    So cool to see. I have seen a few around in my life and they are a real sight! Its funny if you were like me you start trying to hyper focus because you are not sure if it is a dog, maybe small calf, and then you realize it is an albino...

4. Banned
    ...dbl...

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Got pics and video of them.
    Please share, we would love to see them

i always thought bino's would be functional on a boat, but i didnt want any part of being accused of spot stealing! LOL

i used to have a pair of albino twins on a farm i hunted...watched them for 3 years...then they dissappeared...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Banned
    Thats cool.

8. Banned
    Do not know how to do the post/pic thing . I will gladly send them to anyone who will give me their email address and they can post. Or i can send them as a text message if i have someone's phone number.

9. Fishing is a Passion
    Saw an Albino squirrel last week
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

10. Member
    On my last 2 visits to Falls i have not seen a bass.

FWIW, its more likely they were piebald than truly albino which is the complete lack of pigment. That's why albino lab rats have red eyes. No pigment so you see the blood in their eyes. I saw on pure white deer (on my way to deer hunt actually) here in Morrisville one morning. It was really bright in the headlights. Piebalds can also have some brown and I've seen one or two of those hunting around Jordan. Some states actually protect these "pretty" deer but a high incidence of them is not indicative of a healthy herd. A pure white deer would not really last long in an environment with a natural occurrence of predators. Also, since it is normally a pretty rare condition, seeing more of it tends to indicate more inbreeding in the herd. And, while not always, it can be accompanied by physical growth deformities. The NC Wildlife Commission posted and interesting story about it on FB a couple of months ago.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

12. Banned
    True. Have seen many hunting over the years and taken a few including a scrub 8 point in Halifax county way back in the day. Only seen one other pair of true albino deer together in my lifetime so to see it again was pretty unreal. Their mother(i assume) had to almost forcefully make them leave the area since i had come so close.

That's really cool. I have never seen one but would love to.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

I’ve seen 1 albino deer.