November already...? 10/31 - 11/2

Every year since 2011 the men in my Sunday School class do a fall fishing and camping trip up to Stockton Lake. As we got closer and closer to the set date the weather forecast kept getting worse, and worse. We could tell Wednesday evening when we went up to the camp ground to start setting up some of our stuff that it was going to be a tough weekend. But, after planning months in advance and guys taking time off of work and stuff, we couldn't just cancel because the weather was going to be iffy. As we were setting stuff up Wednesday night the temps dropped down into the 30's and it started sleeting. Woo hoo....we're gonna come back up Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and camp out. It was in the lower thirties when we got to camp Thursday morning and the wind was howling. It remained cold all day and the temps never got out of the 30's. After setting up the rest of our camp we headed out on the lake to see what was going on. To our surprise the water temperature was still in the mid to upper 50's and the fish were bitting like crazy. When I saw how bad the forecast was I kiddingly told the men that the fish didn't care, they are already cold and wet. And I was right. We caught 'em and caught 'em and caught 'em...... Everybody caught fish and we had an awesome fish fry Friday night. The only draw back was sleeping in a nylon tent with night temperatures in the 20's. Can't wait now until our spring trip at Table Rock....

The afternoons were beautiful but the mornings and evenings were very cold. We are not complaining though. The evenings around the campfire were awesome.

Home sweet home for 3 days and 2 nights...

Perfect weather for a duck....

This is a black boat with dark grey carpet..... yep, it was frosty every morning.

Look closely and you'll see icicles hanging from the bilge where I pulled the plug....

Love to sit around the campfire and visit....

The morning run to where we wanted to fish was pretty brisk....

The white bass were very aggressive the whole time we were there..

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 11-08-2019 at 09:16 PM.

2. Member
    Sounds like a great trip, especially with your Brothers In Christ! Good times and memories for sure.

It was awesome ert188. The adverse conditions just add to the story. We plan to do it again next year..... (We just got a new pastor and he is from Kentucky. Awesome guy and a great preacher.....)

4. Member
    Thanks for the pics !!!

5. Member
    looks like a great time thanks for sharing

6. Member
    Looks to be fun trip! Stockton has always been good to me.