New 2019 Lynx Stored Outside

Looking for some feedback on how 9 to 12 months will degrade the carpet, seats and gelcoat on brand new Lynx that was stored outside in Texas. The boat is selling for a very good price but not sure how the sun may have affected the longevity of carpet, vinyl seats and the gelcoat.
    Thank you

It will be fine. Just get a good coat of wax on it and condition the seats. The carpet will be fine. If you like the boat and colors and the price is good it would not stop me from buying it.

So it was outside uncovered for 9-12 months....or stored outside and covered ?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Outside and uncovered from Monday thru Saturday

Sealer first and wax if you want. I use sealer only and reapply twice a year. Wax reapplication at lease monthly. Be sure use a product with high UV protection. Pro-tech and mothers nano sealer are very good, seal the seats as well with upholstery sealer with uv protections
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    That would bother me a little.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

7. Member
    Sounds very questionable to me. The colors matter. A white boat would not be damaged as much. Either way I question the smarts of the dealer. See if they'll send it back to Bass Cat for a factory refurbishment.

if the owner cares that little about a new, expensive boat like that then they certainly didn't do any maintenance or care for the outboard...red flags for me..plenty of other Lynx for sale that likely have been treated much better.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

9. Member
    It would have to be a hell of a discount.....10-15K minimum. You can guarantee there will be some fading, and a lot of dust/sand/dirt depending on where is Tejas it is.

10. Member
    9-12 months outside in the elements 6 days a week will age one pretty quick. I would look it over closely.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    if the owner cares that little about a new, expensive boat like that then they certainly didn't do any maintenance or care for the outboard...red flags for me..plenty of other Lynx for sale that likely have been treated much better.
    ^ This!

Also, If you are interested in a very nearly like new 2019 Lynx (<30 hrs), hit me back with a PM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post

Agree! 100%

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    Agree! 100%
    I don't think there was an "owner". Sounds like it was at a dealer.

Only things I would look hard at would be the seats. Specifically if they are the ones with the textured inserts. They seem to have issues tearing at the seams and I would think that would accelerate those issues. But if the price is right! New seats are not that high or getting them redone by bass cat could be an option. And as others stated... I'm sure you can find one closer and in better shape that you could look at in person.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

If you go look at the boat....get it inside under lights and look at the finish really close. You can’t tell what a boats true finish looks like outside.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    If you go look at the boat....get it inside under lights and look at the finish really close. You can’t tell what a boats true finish looks like outside.
    This.... it's amazing how many more small scratches, fading or oxidation you will find under artificial light (like a garage). I wax/buff my boat in the garage for this reason.

Try to compare the top cap finish to the sides. I would really look hard at the seats and stitching too. One good thing is you dont have to worry about ant cheap plastics console trim on a Cat.
    Brad Krone

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    It will be fine. Just get a good coat of wax on it and condition the seats. The carpet will be fine. If you like the boat and colors and the price is good it would not stop me from buying it.
    Agreed. The boat was made to be fished out of everyday not sit in a garage. Now ideally a garage would be preferred for storage or covered outside, but it sitting outside in the weather is no different than a guide using it 7 days a week in the elements for his job.