Question Fuel tank vent location

I opened my fuel cap yesterday and took a gas bath. I was wondering where the vent location was as mine appears to be plugged or IDK? It was mid 70's yesterday and boat was in the shed no sun on it. I did the day before have the key on adjusting some gauges and maybe it pressurized the fuel system but never bled the system down over nite I guess? I can't have that every time I fuel up. Thoughts? Thx

2. Member
    Hmmmm thats weird.....I do know that times when I go too fill up i'll open my gas cap and a ton of air comes out but never fuel....that sounds odd.
    Last edited by scum_frog; 11-23-2019 at 08:03 AM.

3. Dustin Ray
    EPA has regulated vented fuel tanks on boats. I always open my cap slowly, and when fueling add gas slowly with gas pump handle upside down (seems to help allow fumes escape while filling).

4. Member
    Where is the fuel cell located ? Under the seats or under the rear deck ?

5. Member
    On the Falcon boats they are under the seats.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    On the Falcon boats they are under the seats.
    Thanks

7. Member
    The vent line come out off the fuel tank on the drivers side of the boat. Runs across the top of the tank and connects to the top of where you put fuel in the boat. Don't ask me how I know.
    Last edited by JK; 11-22-2019 at 07:59 PM.

8. Member
    JK, does fuel rush out of yours when you open the cap? "Falcon said tank is a pressurized system, crack open slowly to release pressure". No vent.

9. Member
    Mine is sporadic....it doesn't do it every time but definitely does it more times than not.

10. Member
    Mine has never done it once to me. Its the only boat where I can just throw the nozzle in normal and crank her wide clyde and when its done it just stops....now if I go to fill it up a little more after it clicks off then itll shoot some out cause shes full to the brim but thats the only time.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

11. Banned
    sounds like the vent line is too long and sagging below the top of the tank. It should not have any low spots in it, meaning it should not be "U" shaped where it can trap fuel.

You could try driving the passenger side of the boat up on to a curb. Let it sit there for a minute before filling up, drain the vent like back in to the tank. If that works then you know the vent line is sagged and trapping fuel.