Helix gen1 question

I have a gen1 helix that the plugs in the back went out...I bought a new boat that has all gen 3 units...my question is is the mapping any better on gen3 vs gen1 units? I'm thinking about fixing it(250.00$ is what it will cost to send back to humminbird) and stacking in the front to have one dedicated to mapping but didnt know if the mapping software has changed...thanks guys
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

Newer units have built-in Humminbird Basemap. That is non-HD Lakemaster coverage from 2017.
    If you updated your first generation unit with the Humminbird Basemap software, you already know what that is.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    So is the gen3 map any better detailed than a gen1?...I will have a lakemaster card in it....didnt know if the pixels or picture clarity would b any better...sorry I didnt word it just right...it was late and I just got home from work...thank u
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Justin M View Post
    So is the gen3 map any better detailed than a gen1?...I will have a lakemaster card in it....didnt know if the pixels or picture clarity would b any better...sorry I didnt word it just right...it was late and I just got home from work...thank u
    No difference in the displaying of maps, same screen. It won't add anymore detail than the map card has, if that is what you are wanting to know.

Better Imaging with the MEGA frequency.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No difference in the displaying of maps, same screen. It won't add anymore detail than the map card has, if that is what you are wanting to know.

Better Imaging with the MEGA frequency.
    I have a similar situation. I replaced my Gen 1 bow unit with a Gen 3. Was thinking about using the Gen 1 strictly as a second unit on the console just to run maps. It should work with the built in GPS. I assume I just need a power connection and ethernet hub to connect with Gen 2 & Gen 3 unit on the console in order to mark and share way points.

Quote Originally Posted by bamacat View Post
    I have a similar situation. I replaced my Gen 1 bow unit with a Gen 3. Was thinking about using the Gen 1 strictly as a second unit on the console just to run maps. It should work with the built in GPS. I assume I just need a power connection and ethernet hub to connect with Gen 2 & Gen 3 unit on the console in order to mark and share way points.
    Do not need the Ethernet Switch if you are only going to have the two units connected. More than two connections requires the Ethernet Switch.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Do not need the Ethernet Switch if you are only going to have the two units connected. More than two connections requires the Ethernet Switch.
    Thanks Wayne