Raising driver seat

Hello everyone. So I am short guy. I would like to raise the driver seat up 4-6 inches. Has anyone done this and how?

Need more information....
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

3. Member
    What kind of info you need? I have a 04 Stratos 200xl. I’m 5’6. I have 2 graphs mounted on the console and I can barely see over them. Wondering what kind of options I have to raise the seat so I can see better

4. Member
    That's a lot to raise. I've got the same boat. I had a bit of a hard time seeing over the windshield. I raised mine about 1.5". I used a cutting board.

5. Member
    Does your seat have a hinge in the front? My seat does, but not sure how other seats are attached.

I would just make a 2x4 frame to go under the seat. This would give you a 3.5" rise to test out. If it is enough, screw it together solid, paint it, and wrap it with some outdoor carpet. Use some L shaped brackets inside the frame to screw to your seat bottom board and then screw the hinge onto the frame.
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom

I use a seat cushion
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

7. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    If your '04 seat is like my '03, the center lower cushion is velcroed in. I have a suggestion:

1) Remove the cushion, cut a 4x4 deck post into three equal lengths and screw them into the plastic base. Add Velcro strips on the 4x4 to match the base cushion. Place the cushion on the wood. That will give you 3.5 inches of height.

2) Use a dremmel cutoff wheel and gingerly cut off a couple inches from the top of the windshield.

As for removing the entire seat....I tried to remove mine once to gain access to the fuel tank. I couldn't seem to find the screws that held the base of the seat to that L shaped piece of the boat.