2005 206 livewell hose replacement....

I have a broken housing on my pumpout pump that is on a T connector off of the drain line, upstream from open/close valve, mounted on a half circle bracket. It is the original housing, but I have replaced the cartridge several times. I have never removed the pump housing from the T,and not sure how to proceed. The hoses are very hard at this point, and I had a war replacing the valve a few years ago. Any suggestions? Please help if you can, as I am planning to keep this boat til the end. I would like to replace the hose from bottom of livewell but it looks to be a daunting task.

2. Member
    Maybe use a hot air blower to see if it softens the hose a little ?
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Banned
    I don't want to be a Debbie downer but.. If you are going to keep this boat for the long haul, then the best thing to do IMHO is pull everything out that's in the way and get down in there and replace all the hoses(if they are stiff) pumps,valves, clamps and reseal the thru hull fittings.The whole ball of wax.

I just replaced everything in the bilge on my new to me 183. Had to pull out the gas tank, batteries, oil tank,charger ect. It's not really hard to do if you're half way handy. All the replacement components are readily available online.

If /when you get everything out of the way. just take a bunch of pictures of the plumbing and/or mark everything before you take it all apart. It would also be a good time to clean and re-paint the bilge area too. Good luck!

4. Member
    Yep, if all your equipment is 05 vintage I would probably agree with the above. I was waiting on a repower ( got it today, yee haw ) and so that's what I did. Permanently pulled out the battery charger, pulled out the oil tank ( repower is a 4 stroke ), and replaced all the pumps. I did not replace any hoses or fittings. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me but it might. Here in the next week or two I'm gonna get me a couple terminal blocks and get all that accessory wiring off my cranking battery. Bilge diving is for the young guys. I'm 64 and it wasn't impossible to do this but it wasn't a cakewalk for an old guy like me. I had the time to do it so I did it over 3 or 4 sessions. While I was down there I found 2 trandsducer that were flopping around and I reglued them down also. This kind of project is a pain. My boat is an 08 but I'm keeping it for a looonng time.
    GETFISHED !!!

Have to agree with the above. Do IT ALL while you're in there. You'll thank yourself later. When I did mine, I changed ALL hoses, wiring, valves, pumps, etc. Basically re-rigged the boat from the consoles, aft.

6. Member
    ^^ I agree. Replace all hoses, pumps, valve and all thru-hull fittings. 4000 or 4200.
    Champion 206
    250XB

7. Member
    I have a 1999 221DCX and noticed water leaking into the bilge area this past season. Plan to replace all hoses next spring. Has anyone added a water recirque to their system?