2019 pro xs 250 4 stroke losing power and cutting out.

Just started doing this out of nowhere. Boat misses out and wants to shut down when u get above half throttle. Routine serviced and agm battery is brand new .

Seems I've heard of some clogged fuel screens.
    Don or someone should be by soon.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Has your warning horn sounded (at all)? Do you have a Smartcraft Instrument?

Any abnormalities in the way any of your instruments/gauges are reading?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Sorry. I will read the rules.
    No alarms. I do have a smart craft and everything looks fine. All the gauges read fine. My friends boats is in the shop doing the same thing. They have had for 1.5 weeks. It definitely acts like a fuel issue or coil. It just cuts in and out when I hit 60 plus.

5. Member
    Mine was doing the same and it was a coil

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Recommend getting it in to the dealer and having it inspected. Be sure to get printouts of the Run History and Freeze Frame (fault) History. If there are ANY faults, I'll be glad to review the printouts for you.

Be sure to add your serial number to the first post.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor