Lake Conroe Lodging

Me and my son are wanting to fish the charity tournament coming up on the 30th. I am clueless as where to stay around the lake. I know Willis has a Red Roof Inn not far from there, but I rather rent a cabin or something and my boat be right outside the door instead of across the parking lot somewhere. The tournament is being held out of Stowaway Marina and their cabins look nice and decent price, but a friend in Willis said that not a very nice area? We are wanting to go up there early Saturday and pre-fish/scout the lake before the tourny on Sunday. Does anyone know of any good places? Stowaway ok to stay at? And ANY areas of the lake to fish would be much appreciated!! Not your honey holes but general area etc...Hope some of the other locals can make it up there as well...Its only about a 2hr drive for me.

Thanks All !!
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    Stowaway is not in a "bad" area.....nice place, and would be most convenient. You could look at Air BNB or VRBO if you wanted to look for a house, I'm sure there are some around. There are about 1500 hotels within about a 15 mile area from there. haha Plenty to choose.There's several on the corner of League Line and 3083 and 45, which is about a 10-15 min ride to Stowaway.

3. Member
    TY...Im going to call Stowaway and see if they have any cabins open for the 29th. We want to go up Friday and map around the lake since me or my son have ever fished there.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member

5. Member
    Either place looks good. Hopefully Stowaway has a cabin open since the tourney is there. Is Conroe pretty safe to run? Any areas we need to slow down at or be aware of?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

6. Member
    The south end is pretty clear to run. Once you start headed north there is a unmarked boat lane you have to run due to trees. The lake is also sitting around 2’ low right now. Here’s a link to a hazard map for Conroe. If you have anymore questions shoot me a PM I fish Conroe almost every weekend.

https://www.lakeconroe.com/hazard-map/

7. Member
    Appreciate that! It looks if you come out of Stowaway and head towards the dam you're safe just about everywhere. I will print that out and compare it with the lake map on the HDS unit
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

8. Member
    Pay attention to those areas shown as "shallow" on the hazard map. With the lake about 2' below full pool, those sand bars are about 6" deep. I've watched the tow boat drag boat after boat off the sand bar in Lewis Creek over the last few months!