Question AVX1980 Boat buckle rubbing paint

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem with a boat buckles rubbing the paint. Trying to figure out a way to pull them away from the transom. I thought about trying to have someone weld some type of a stop on the eyelet to keep the Buckle sliding all the way towards a transom when tightened. Before I bought the boat with the dealer told me once their tightened they would not rub he was wrong. You can see the one pic show how it is and the other pic is where I'd like it to be ...off the paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex
    Garmin Echomap ultra 106sv bow/console
    Joined the revolution 10/25/19

2. Moderator
    Yea was wondering about that myself. I haven't come up with anything yet.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

3. Member
    Just asking. My boat ( Non Vexus ) Did that also. So I moved the winch stand forward one and & half inches & that cured the problem completely.

4. Member
    That's one option is pull ur boat more forward to touch roller I have 1880 vexus but no rubbing issues yet

5. Member
    I think I am going to try and find a rubber bushing kinda like a sway bar link bushing and split it and snap it on. That's at least going to he the 1st thing I am going to try. Really don't want to move the whole winch stand foward but that might be what has to happen...thanks for that thought.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

6. Member
    Your boat has to be too far back. If it's against the roller then the roller needs to be adjusted forward. You can measure how much running board there is exposed off the back of the hull and I can measure mine later today to compare. But your gonna need to launch your boat and then make this adjustment.

7. Member
    I have approximately 7/8" of exposed bunk (the inner bunk near center line of boat)at the rear. The bow eyelet is about a half inch off the roller so I'm pretty much Max there. It almost looks like the boat would have to go forward 3 or 4 in in order to put the boat in front of the boat Buckle strap. The center line of my bow roller is 11.5 inches from the front side of the cross member in front of the spare tire
    Last edited by slimjim1; 11-06-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

8. Member
    I totally agree with Sandman7925 !
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

I would move it forward about an inch as others have said, besides thats the fix for your bunks getting eat up.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim1 View Post
    I have approximately 7/8" of exposed bunk (the inner bunk near center line of boat)at the rear. The bow eyelet is about a half inch off the roller so I'm pretty much Max there. It almost looks like the boat would have to go forward 3 or 4 in in order to put the boat in front of the boat Buckle strap. The center line of my bow roller is 11.5 inches from the front side of the cross member in front of the spare tire
    I'll measure mine when I get home but I'd bet money I have at least 3-4 inches of exposed bunk. Also the bow eyelet needs to be touching the roller. Otherwise when trailering you will get up and down movement of the bow which can cause all kinds of problems long term.

11. Member
    Sandman that would be great. Not sure if it matters or not but I have a single axle trailer. As you can see I don't have anywhere near 3-4 inches.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

12. Member
    I have a single axle trailer as well. Measured in the same spot mine on the bunk is 3.5” and the distance in the front that you had measured is 5 and 3/8”.

13. Member
    test

14. Member
    thanks to all for your thoughts and input, think i am going move my front winch stand up a little over an inch.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

15. Member
    SlimJim1 here is what my Slide Master jackplate looks like. Not sure what hole it is.

4F64F8E9-7971-418C-94D4-E5B323439B5B.jpeg
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

16. Member
    Here is what I've come up with. I have moved the front when stand forward inch and 1/8 from where was. This barely took care of the problem on one side but did not on the other. So I am opting for Plan B. Attached are the pictures of what I achieved by moving the winch stand forward and pictures of my plan B. Really don't like the idea of Plan B for a brand new boat however I like chafed paint and ripped rubber off the boat buckle hook even less. Just by dumb luck I received a call from Jason Parsons from vexus he was following up on an inquiry I made about something totally different before I even purchased the boat. So I told him I bought your 1980 he then ask if everything is okay I said not really. I told him about the rubbing issue and he then asked for me to send pictures so I did. That was late on Friday November 8th. So with the weekend and Holiday I have not heard anything yet. Will update when new info arises.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

17. Member
    Going on 10 business days since November 8th still no response back from Vexus.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

18. Member
    After emailing them this morning I did receive back a very prompt response they will be taking a look at the boat when it returns to the factory for a paint issue. I'm guessing the circle of communication did not include me
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

19. Member
    I noticed a few at the dealer this weekend that have a similar issue. Hope it's not a chronic issue. I just ordered an 1880.