Bow graph seems to be losing voltage / bad switch panel?

Before I go on a rant, can anyone tell me who does the wiring for the switch panels installed on the boats? Is this factory or dealer? I have the upgraded switch panels and started having issues with the front graph dimming (Lowrance HDS Live 12), I have a Hydrowave attached on the same panel and it doesn't shut off. At first, I thought it was going into some type of timed power save mode but noticed the bow switch panel started flashing in a sporadic manner. Sometimes the graph just goes dim, I can touch the screen and hear that it is still on but have to wait for it to come back. Console graph (Same model) has no issues however the Helix I have next to it will shut off everytime I start the motor. The dealer is 4 hours away and these are things I can certainly address myself unless this is a set of bad switch panels. Pretty sad being it is only a couple months old and I have had to travel back and forth a couple times now costing at least $160.00 in gas plus lodging and the boat is still taking on water and the port side pump out still doesn’t work (another issues I’m dealing with but can wait). I know I can take it to another dealer a bit closers but I expect it all to work from the start and just need to know if these are factory issues or options installed at the dealer.

Mr. Frustrated………

Thanks
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

2. Member
    I don’t know about all boats, but I know on my new Triton the wiring was run through the boat, I know because the dash has a switch that controls sonar throughout the boat, bow and console. that’s only the wiring, the dealer can put on a variety of different graphs. I can tell you on my last boat, I had a helix seven on the bow that shut off every time I started the boat. Once it shut down I could not simply press the button to start it, I had to unplug it from behind and plug it back in. Only cure I know of was to run wiring directly from your battery to the unit, otherwise any draw down from starting the motor would shut that unit off. Sorry I can’t be more help.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I don’t know about all boats, but I know on my new Triton the wiring was run through the boat, I know because the dash has a switch that controls sonar throughout the boat, bow and console. that’s only the wiring, the dealer can put on a variety of different graphs. I can tell you on my last boat, I had a helix seven on the bow that shut off every time I started the boat. Once it shut down I could not simply press the button to start it, I had to unplug it from behind and plug it back in. Only cure I know of was to run wiring directly from your battery to the unit, otherwise any draw down from starting the motor would shut that unit off. Sorry I can’t be more help.
    Much appreciated Itsahog, 80 Views and 1 response. I decided to get in and run and isolated set of 10 gauge for Graphs only and found that the main run from the battery to the fuse block was loose, the second run from the block to the bow (same gauge) was loose and not on the post where is belongs but instead on a lead screw (moved), Ground was also loose on the post. This is just something that shouldn't be happening on a new boat.... QC..

Run all graph wiring directly to the main cranking battery. Install the fuse at the battery end of the wiring. Solder all connections and use heat shrink tubing. I wouldn't let a dealer do my graph wiring.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    Run all graph wiring directly to the main cranking battery. Install the fuse at the battery end of the wiring. Solder all connections and use heat shrink tubing. I wouldn't let a dealer do my graph wiring.
    I second that .. , did all my own on the previous boat and looks like have to do it again...

6. Member
    I had a fuse blow on my front helix 12 upon startup. Just before it would cut off every time I started the big motor. Checked all wiring and connections, bought a 31 series north star battery, and now put the graph in standby mode when starting the big motor and mine has been better. My old battery was a 27 series
    John 16:33
    2016 Tracker Pro Team 195
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke

Im curious to see how mine does when i get it. Dealer said they gonna wire it the way they do them all and have no issues. Im installing the graphs they just ran the cables for me. Im gonna have helix 10a bow and console. I guess if its troublesome ill just have to run a dedicsted harness for the graphs only.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Im curious to see how mine does when i get it. Dealer said they gonna wire it the way they do them all and have no issues. Im installing the graphs they just ran the cables for me. Im gonna have helix 10a bow and console. I guess if its troublesome ill just have to run a dedicsted harness for the graphs only.
    Agree, as stated i have always ran my own but they took the time to wire up the HDS 12's and drop the power cables for the 2 Helix's I would put in later. It was appreciated however the problem was the main line on 3 different connections to the bus that was WAY loose that just shouldn't have been missed.

So you found the issue then?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    So you found the issue then?
    Yes sir, I went ahead and wired direct as i planned but the issues was very loose connections on the 2 post under the console. I figured that was the case from the start but i just wanted to know if it was wired from factory or dealer. Just something they should have noticed...