Furnace question for you all

this being my first larger camper im pretty new with some of this stuff.
    So this past weekend the wife ad I headed down to the lake for a break. Grabbed the camper and got all set up Friday night. Was pretty cool here last weekend with lows in the 30s and I had never tried or messed with the furnace on this camper (got it used) so really didn't know much about it.
    So sat morning had to run around a bit then back to the camper. So I messed around with the furnace for a bit and it worked fine which was good. only thing is that the camper has 2 heating vents. one in the front under the table and one in the back kinda in the hall way so to speak.
    So the vent under the table really pumped a lot of air out. but the vent in the back had none at all coming out. thought it was kinda weird, so I went outside and the exhaust vent for the furnace has 2 outlets. one was hot and one was not.
    I never really looked into it much as far as why it didn't put any heat out the back vent and if it meant anything that the exhaust vent only had one hot outlet and not the other.
    Camper is a 2007 Rockwood Roo 233.
    is there maybe a vent switch or something like that that cuts the air off to a vent im missing somewhere?

2. Member
    No vent cut off switch or the like but the duct could be disconnected at the source. The furnace is usually positioned where the vent portion is outside but the forced air fan is inside the camper. There will be some kind of cover or louvers over the working parts you have to remove to get a good look in there. I'll add this...due to the way my ducts are pulled off of mine (and I have four) I get a ton of air in my living area but not a whole lot in the bathroom and bedroom. Mine is due to the fact that the ductwork running to those other areas is just much longer and the air takes the path of least resistance and wants to dump out in the living area. That may or may not be the case with yours though.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    this being my first larger camper im pretty new with some of this stuff.
    So this past weekend the wife ad I headed down to the lake for a break. Grabbed the camper and got all set up Friday night. Was pretty cool here last weekend with lows in the 30s and I had never tried or messed with the furnace on this camper (got it used) so really didn't know much about it.
    So sat morning had to run around a bit then back to the camper. So I messed around with the furnace for a bit and it worked fine which was good. only thing is that the camper has 2 heating vents. one in the front under the table and one in the back kinda in the hall way so to speak.
    So the vent under the table really pumped a lot of air out. but the vent in the back had none at all coming out. thought it was kinda weird, so I went outside and the exhaust vent for the furnace has 2 outlets. one was hot and one was not.
    I never really looked into it much as far as why it didn't put any heat out the back vent and if it meant anything that the exhaust vent only had one hot outlet and not the other.
    Camper is a 2007 Rockwood Roo 233.
    is there maybe a vent switch or something like that that cuts the air off to a vent im missing somewhere?
    I have a Rockwood trailer and it also has two vents inside. The vent in the rear runs from the heater to the vent through some clothes dryer vent hose looking thing. It could be off on yours. The two ports on the outside? One is intake and the other is exhaust.

May have 2 furnaces