St Clair drop shots

Hey guys,

I will be fishing St Clair for the next two years starting in the spring. I'm not a drop shot guy so I want to load up on a few baits. What are the baits ya'll recomend ?

Strike King z too in smokey shad - regular and baby. Yamamoto shad shape worm in GP purple flake. TRD in a secret color for the spawn :-)

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    To many to list, if you get around the fish anything can work. Some good choices above.

4. Member
    Senko wacky in GP red flake & Missile Ned Bomb nose hooked in Goby.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

5. dartag1829
    Case Plastics Walleye Worm. Get Black and you can catch Walleye in the river in the spring. Get Green Pumpkin and you can catch Bass the rest of the year. The other baits mentioned will also catch them.

6. Member
    I do well on watermelon red fleck and purple pumpkin. Good luck

7. Banned
    There are some great drop shop baits from Anglers Choice. They are a Canadian company but can be bought at TW.

Good story, we met someone from their field staff out on the water and they were on 'em. They handed us a pack of the kill shots and it was game on. It resembles the Erie darter. Needless to say we ordered some more. The usual colors....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerob View Post
    There are some great drop shop baits from Anglers Choice. They are a Canadian company but can be bought at TW.

Good story, we met someone from their field staff out on the water and they were on 'em. They handed us a pack of the kill shots and it was game on. It resembles the Erie darter. Needless to say we ordered some more. The usual colors....
    I find the Anglers Choice plastics tear up rather quickly. Yes they do catch fish, but you'll go through a lot of them.

Jerkbaits (Suspending), Crankbaits that run anywhere from 4 to 12 feet. Spinnerbaits (tandom or double willow blades). Blade baits when water temperatures is below 50.