Need Feedback on Lew's Rods The higher end Pro-Ti and Custom Pro Speed Stick Series

Been looking at the higher end Lew's rods

Pro-Ti
    https://www.lews.com/rods/pro-ti

or the Custom Pro
    https://www.lews.com/rods/custompro

anyone fishing with either of these that can share some feedback.

thanks!
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

2. Member
    Ask me about the Custom Pros after the weekend... waiting on TW right now

Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Ask me about the Custom Pros after the weekend... waiting on TW right now
    ha sounds good, i can find nice wired2fish reviews but i need some real world applications! ha
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBigBoss View Post
    ha sounds good, i can find nice wired2fish reviews but i need some real world applications! ha
    All "reviews" on wired2fish are good. I'm pretty convinced they are paid advertisements in the form of reviews.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    All "reviews" on wired2fish are good. I'm pretty convinced they are paid advertisements in the form of reviews.
    agree, i have yet to see one review that even hinted at something being less than stellar
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

6. Member
    I have 2 of the custom pro's very good rods,balanced and sensitive.
    However I'm more impressed with the custom lite,you won't find a rod more sensitive in this price point, the 7'3" magnum jig is a workhorse.
    It's a great Carolina rig,heavy spinner bait,heavy Texas,jig rod. I've got 3 with another on order now

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    I've never read a review where they didn't love the product being reviewed.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    I've never read a review where they didn't love the product being reviewed.
    that’s true but that guy Walker Smith who does the reviews said a few times he only writes about the stuff that he likes and actually uses. he has a bunch of products companies sent him that he hasn’t done a review on because he doesn’t want to bash the product
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    I got out with the new Lew's Custom Speed Cast Rod 6'7" Med Jerkbait with a 150HG SLX, 25# braid and 10# fluoro leader for a couple hours this afternoon. I threw a Yozuri Longbill 90 with it, and got a couple good ones out of 44F water.

It surprised me how far it would launch that bait (exceeded the 7' Platinum ZX w/ Curado I've been using). I'll have to weigh the combos, but it was obvious from the get go that I dropped a bunch of oz. It also balanced much better at the reel, instead of out front - gonna save my wrist for sure.

Since I could work the shorter rod downwards, without contacting the water, I felt like I had more control over the action. It had enough speed/power for sharp snaps. Both fish were hooked outside the mouth, but stayed buttoned. I didn't miss any on this rig (did get three and miss one a Cutter w/ the ZX).

I'm still shopping for a worm rod, might just give another one of these a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    I got out with the new Lew's Custom Speed Cast Rod 6'7" Med Jerkbait with a 150HG SLX, 25# braid and 10# fluoro leader for a couple hours this afternoon. I threw a Yozuri Longbill 90 with it, and got a couple good ones out of 44F water.

It surprised me how far it would launch that bait (exceeded the 7' Platinum ZX w/ Curado I've been using). I'll have to weigh the combos, but it was obvious from the get go that I dropped a bunch of oz. It also balanced much better at the reel, instead of out front - gonna save my wrist for sure.

Since I could work the shorter rod downwards, without contacting the water, I felt like I had more control over the action. It had enough speed/power for sharp snaps. Both fish were hooked outside the mouth, but stayed buttoned. I didn't miss any on this rig (did get three and miss one a Cutter w/ the ZX).

I'm still shopping for a worm rod, might just give another one of these a shot.
    awesome! yea im looking for a good bottom feedback rod, just have a deal with Lews and trying to decide if i want to try a Rod or just buy more reels
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

11. Member
    I've had a bunch of them before. The custom pros are good rods if you can get a deal on them. Did break three of them boat flipping random 15 inch fish. But they take care of ya no questions asked. I think I only paid 20 dollars shipping for a brand new one on the two I replaced. They are sensitive but I prefer my Hammer Rods and my older red and black Daiwa Ballistic rods.