North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border

Question Silverado pistol mount

I have a new truck and unlike my old truck, there is no place to mount my 1911 without gluing or screwing, which I will not do, so this brings me to the options....
    1. GumCreek under column mount
    2. Got any other ideas?
    I don't want it in a compartment either but would rather have it in the open for easy accessibility, it's just how I roll.
    The truck is bench seat with center console and absolutely no place that I can see to mount a holster that is easy access from drivers position.....help me if you can, especially if you have experience with the GumCreek mount.

How about on the rear side of the console...kinda handy for backseat passengers. I have a small plastic litter bin there, secured by a bungee cord. I would consider just putting the 1911 in a container like that and throw a rag over it. With my '97 GMC and '06 Tacoma, I slipped my gat under the driver's seat in its rug, along with two speed loaders. With my '08 Chevy, I put it in the litter bin.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    How about on the rear side of the console...kinda handy for backseat passengers. I have a small plastic litter bin there, secured by a bungee cord. I would consider just putting the 1911 in a container like that and throw a rag over it. With my '97 GMC and '06 Tacoma, I slipped my gat under the driver's seat in its rug, along with two speed loaders. With my '08 Chevy, I put it in the litter bin.
    I didn't think of that but I'll check it out, thanks

4. Member
    Would be pretty easy to glue or screw something somewhere. If you cannot do that your options are probably limited. Maybe zip tie a gun magnet to the backside of a panel or something.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    08 Ford King Ranch.....mine hangs just below the steering column....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    08 Ford King Ranch.....mine hangs just below the steering column....
    What kind of mount? I'm looking at the Gum Creek under column mount but it hangs from a strap and I'm not sure how solid that would be. My old truck had a cubby hole under the radio/heater control that a paddle holster fit perfectly in but this one doesn't.

7. Member
    You can hang a holster on the column just by using one wrap Velcro. A couple of cops have done that here.

Well, I ordered the Gum Creek under column mount, it will work until something better comes along, thanks for the ideas