More comments on the Lynx

Ok, now I’m on my second Lynx and have fished a derby in it, it is officially my favorite BASSCAT.
    you need to load it differently than the Pumas I’ve run, but once that is understood, it is an awesome hull.

Best rough water hull I’ve been in, except for a Jaguar, and that is not a fair comparison.

in a steady NW wind to 15, on Pickwick, in a 18-24” whitecap chip, I was consistently running above 50, with a very easy ride.
    Driest ride yet. Puma is dry, this one is better. Could have pushed into the 60’s, with a similar ride. Fishes very nimbly with a 36v Ultrex. Front deck is plenty roomy for two big men, without getting in the way.

Love having room at the console for a 12” Solix in dash.
    some have commented that the cooler step up is a little steep—-I have not see this as a problem, and I am way past quick or agile.

Mine is rigged with a 300 Merc 4s, 24 Fury. Hole shot with full live wells, and a 220# partner is about 3.5 seconds, with no stall out or blowout. Not sure yet of max top end, but should be above 80, if I have the skills to get there.

Yep, I’m a Lynx fan.

2. Member
    Good to know. I want one sssoooo bad!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    They are worth it!

4. Member
    Mike - Have you had one w/ a 250 and if so what do you see as the difference?
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

5. Member
    I have had mine all of 6 days. 300 xs 24 fury 4 blade. It was all I hoped for and more. 4 hours run time so far. I’m 61 retired and do not tournament fish. My how fast can you go days are behind me. This rig from 55 to 65 is amazing. 10 mph winds (calm) and it felt so easy. I can run slow planed out .at 27. I m also the original owner of a 96 champ and a 2013 Puma. Gonna retire the champ and keep the puma. I moved the trolling motor petal back and love the room. So happy with this lynx! JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

6. Member
    Y'all are making me jealous!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

7. Member
    The Lynx is bad ass. I see 72-73 mph fully loaded (full gas tank, live wells full, fat co angler with too much tackle and me) With a lighter load I've been as fast as 77mph. As stated earlier there are a few things that need to be addressed to get the Lynx running correctly. Load placement..... Heavy tackle goes under the back deck, props.... a Fury 4 or 3 24 pitch worked by Ronnie Gilbert and a hydraulic jack plate. These 3 things make a BIG difference.

8. Member
    I have about 5 hours of run time and three days fishing from mine (2019 250 4S) and I am still figuring out how to drive it (last bass boat was a 95 202 Champ) and this is the first Cat I have owned. So far I really like it and the learning curve has been slow due to the first trip was with the wife and both kids, the second and third trip was with myself and my 7 year old son so I have not really opened it up or spent much time driving as he just wants to fish. I am very happy with the way the Lynx fishes with the trolling motor down, the stability, and the room.
    Todd Lahey
    Lawrenceburg IN
    2019 Bass Cat Lynx

9. Member
    Richard,
    My 2019 Lynx had the 250 4s and it was a fine rig. Best top end was 75.4. Only kept it about 4 months, due to an offer I could not ignore.
    Hole shot with a 250 requires more jackplate input, load balancing is a LOT more critical, but those are the two biggest differences.

With the 300, there is no difference in balance in the water, looks are no different. Hole shot with a stone stock 24 Fury is about a full second faster than the 250. Acceleration from 45 to 70 is much stronger. Have seen 78+ with me, 60 gallons of fuel and full tackle load. 80 is easily there, not sure how much more, but there is more. After years in Pumas, I’m still working out how to organize tackle in the two front boxes. Best I’ve found so fat is freezer Ziplocks with marker pens. The cooler under the triangular step is huge, and holds ice very well.
    One other neat feature of the Lynx is the storage space on either side of the fuel tanks, in the sump area. I keep two dry bagged rain suits, my weighin bag, and a tow rope and throwable cushion back there. Lots of good space.

Hope this helps. Let me know of any questions.

Very happy with mine. I bought it with 24 hours one it. Only thing I’d do differently would be order it to fit me. I had to add a few key items the previous owner left off (to save money I’m sure)
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555

I love my Lynx, im the same me and the partner and gear 72-73 just me, its all depending on whats in it.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

12. Member
    Ditto to the above comments - best boat I've owned or ran.
    BCB Lynx
    Mercury 250 ProXs 4-Stroke

13. Member
    Absolutely love mine!
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma