sabre livewell pump issue

2006 Sabre, belongs to an older gent. in my club. He asked me to install a pump out for the livewell so he wouldn't have to get under the boat, no problem, easy enough to plumb a 3-way valve to the aerator and add a fitting for the pump out. As i was going over boat last night, i noticed the fresh water pump-in pump is the only one running when i push the touchpad. If i touch the button for either timer, the aerator pump (3&5) will not come on, the pump-in(man.) continues to run. the lights come on and all the other functions on the keypad work. I unhooked the leads to the aerator pump, connected my volt meter, cycled the keypad to both aerate cycles, no voltage. Under the dash i can hear the relay kick on for the man. button on keypad, but not for either aerate timed cycles. Any of you fine gentlemen have this issue before?
    thumbnail (2).jpg

2. Member
    anyone ever removed the keypad on one of these, i cant seem to find how its attached to console? there is one small stud with a nyloc nut on it (inside-face of the dash), but it spins when i attempt to loosen it, no access to the other side???

3. Member
    Before going any deeper, go to the ground buss located on the inside back transom, remove each connection, wirebrush/clean and reinstall. I've seen this ground buss cause problems before.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Thank you very much for your suggestion Mr.Jones, I will check the buss bar this afternoon. I should have posted this on your forum to begin with!