fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar

93SV Livescope Help

So I just installed a 93SV and Livescope. I have always ran Lowrance so I have some questions.

1. When you put the unit on stand by, pause live scope or turn unit off does the Live scope black box turn off? Or does it draw juice all the time my main power witch is on?

2. Does the ground screw on the black box need to be connected to anything?

3. On the maps is there a way to change your boat symbol to something smaller. The dang boat symbol is 200 yards square on the screen. It covers the waypoints when your close to them.

4. I saved my waypoints in the gpx form. How do I load them on the garmin. I stuck the chip in and canít find anything anywhere to load them.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Team Brech Marine
    2017 Bass Cat Cougar/250 SHO
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2018 Sea Doo Wake 155

1 box will always draw some juice, I pause sonar when the ducer is out of the water but nothing with the screen.

2 no it does not need to be hooked to anything, but I and many people have taken it to the negative of the battery with out issue. Many people have not without issue.

Appendix make sure you have a quality larger gauge wire ran to the box as directions indicated by the length required and my interpretation of that was to the trim the stock wire to 2'
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    So I just installed a 93SV and Livescope. I have always ran Lowrance so I have some questions.

1. When you put the unit on stand by, pause live scope or turn unit off does the Live scope black box turn off? Or does it draw juice all the time my main power witch is on?

2. Does the ground screw on the black box need to be connected to anything?

3. On the maps is there a way to change your boat symbol to something smaller. The dang boat symbol is 200 yards square on the screen. It covers the waypoints when your close to them.

4. I saved my waypoints in the gpx form. How do I load them on the garmin. I stuck the chip in and can’t find anything anywhere to load them.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Note that putting the MFD in Sleep Mode does not stop the LiveScope transducer from pinging. If you want to stop it, select Disable All Sonar from the Power menu. Of course, turning the MFD off will also stop the LiveScope transducer from pinging, but the box will still draw some power (under 20 mA). So, recommended installation is to have the LiveScope power wired through a switch.

Regarding the boat symbol, you can adjust the size by going to Chart menu, My Vessel, Vessel Icon.

When importing data files, you have to toggle between file types (ADM or GPX). Manage Data, Data Transfer, File Type
    Garmin Pro Team