Just got a new Echomap Ultra 102sv!

I had the dickens trying to get it to connect wifi to my iPhone. Finally got it on, and I am a technical guy, the unit wifi was just not showing up even thought the menu said it was on. Hmmmm. Very flaky. Moved phone farther away, closer, no change.

Finally got it on and detected by AC, after resetting and restarting a bunch, the network would briefly show up on the phone and I would try to connect real fast. Also I deleted and reloaded the AC app just in case.

So now I am updating the SW to the latest. I think tomorrow might be a wash for fishing and getting some screen shots. I will be using this 99% as a bow display for LiveScope only, with just the MK US2 sonar TD hooked up for the rare occasion I am wanting a 2D view. I forget why since I got the Panoptix.

Waiting for the SW update to proceed....

Edit:15 or so minutes later, ver 10.0 (was 8.30) installed and "vessel up to date". Wifi seems solid now. Will proceed with install. It is actually a simple job: unscrew power, Panopix, and MK sonar from Em+93sv cradle. Swap to EmUltra cradle. Done. I noticed power cable is exactly the same as the 93, which is already custom wired. I just need to beef up the mount - the 102sv is WAY heavier than the 93sv. I've ordered the big "D" size Ram mount to replace the "C" on the boat to support the EmUltra. Easy peasy, just another 2 lil' hole to drill, and no wire fishing.
    Last edited by jawjatek; 11-04-2019 at 09:44 PM.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have the 126 and love it....AC was pretty good a year ago when the Plus units came out but overtime and updates it has been ok....i get the occasional hiccup with it but eventually figure it out.....once that is done it will run pretty smooth.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Also noticed there were updates for both the Em+93sv and the PLS GLS-10 box so I did those before powering up the new 102sv.

I guess since I've used AC to register the new 102, I don't need to fill out anything to register on the website? For warranty?

4. Member
    Answered my own self! Went to website, logged in, and the 102 is already there, registered Nov 5. Cool.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yep register thru AC.....but still keep your sales receipt.....

When new updates come out, someone will post about it on here and then you will know.....

6. Member
    A day late, maybe.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Really......looks like you will get some practice on updating.....

8. Member
    There was definitely something up with the 8.30 wifi on the EU out of the box and on the bench, as I've had no trouble updating before (LOL, as if), and this was strictly a connectivity issue between iOs 13 running on an Xr and 8.3 vintage Garmin code.

Fact is, I updated both my 93sv and PLS a day before there was any mention here, or anything from Garmin. When I saw the red dot on my AC, I came here looking for the typical bbc update complaint thread, to know how others like the releases first (in case of disaster), but there was none. SO I posted this out of boredom, I guess.

To be honest, as a longtime software eng pro (software is easy, try low-noise analog circuitry, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more), I always check and load updates as soon as they come out. I like to think they know what they are doing, and have a good review and especially TEST process before they unleash it on us lowly users. LOL.

So far all 3 (EmU, Em+, and GLS10) updates have had no bad effects, and I'm going back for more use and more fishing tomorrow AM. Garmin certainly helps me catch fish, and that is a fact. I love my new 102sv so far and as for LiveScope, well, if you ain't got it I feel sorry for you.

Just kidding.
    Last edited by jawjatek; 11-05-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spellin an such

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Since running Garmin last year in have not had any issues after an update....hope it continues to be like that....

10. Member

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    Nice job. Looks like the Garmin works well... B

12. Member
    jawjatek, really nice clear images. I usually bring my distance in to 40' or less when the object I'm fishing is that close. Helps my old eyes find my little jig, lol. Looks like you got it figure out pretty fast.

13. Member
    Yeah, I had the range out there while cruising for brush, should have brought it in when actually jigging the tree, but I could see the jig fine. Good point. Gonna do some more tree dippin' in the AM.