Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thats unfortunate. Sorry to see that. Im with the majority that hull is done. Unless they willing to gut it and prove every stringer and weld on the stringers is 100% ok no way i would risk it if at all possible.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    I believe since this is connected to your car, it is not covered through your boat insurance but your auto insurance. Someone correct me if wrong?
    While being towed, it should be covered by your auto policy.

3. Member
    If you had a hit hard enough to break the motor off of the transom you definitely had a hit hard enough to crack welds deep within the hull. I would be on the phone to Ranger and have them be the ones to inspect the boat. Best of luck man.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    While being towed, it should be covered by your auto policy.
    I got rear ended, while towing, and my insurance for my boat (Allstate) covered it.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    I got rear ended, while towing, and my insurance for my boat (Allstate) covered it.
    Impressive.

6. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Impressive.

Good info PK195, thank you... I will be checking on my coverage ASAP.
    Last edited by King_Fish; 11-07-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

7. Member
    I would be calling around dealers and rangers and talking with my lawyer. If you get hit hard enough to rip a motor off, something is going f'ed up that you can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    I would be calling around dealers and rangers and talking with my lawyer. If you get hit hard enough to rip a motor off, something is going f'ed up that you can't see.
    Unless you are hurt, good luck finding a lawyer that wants to do anything to help. I know first hand.
    I was lucky and the guy that hit me, his company's insurance covered everything.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

9. Member
    I had to deal with a similar issue years ago. A young 16 year old driver wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of my boat at 50mph with her mom's GMC Jimmy. Fortunately she and her friends weren't seriously injured. She called the police and I heard her say, "yes, I just hit a boat on M36." Anyway, the impact tore the motor off the transom, jacked the trailer and left other signs of physical damage on the boat. Suck Farm, I mean State Farm refused to total. There were several "misunderstandings" as they constantly tried to reimburse under the damage total provided by the marine assessor. I took the insurance check and sold the rig for parts / scrap to a local marine dealer. It was a pretty miserable experience and another reason I rip on Suck Farm every time this type of conversation arises. Michigan is a no fault insurance state so it boils down to the owner dealing with their insurance company.

Good luck with your issue, but I recommend trying to cut your losses by taking the insurance check and selling the rig as is. Hard to say what damage lies beneath in the structure of the hull.

10. Banned
    again:
    I've been in your situation. I had a person rear-ended me at a red light going about 50 miles an hour. He just about tore the outboard off of the Jack Plate and moved the boat up a couple feet. My insurance company refuse to
    total the boat, so I told them that if that's the route they were going to go, I wanted a paper sign that if anything happens to me while driving the boat in the next couple years, and it is proven that it was because of structural damage because of the accident, they will be liable for any bodily injury. After that request, they had no problem totaling it. My insurance company had to handle it because the driver of the other car did not have insurance. I would demand the boat to be totaled!

11. Member
    My buddy had the same thing happen to him on a brand new ranger. Get a lawyer let them handle it.

Totaled. Let your insurance company go after him, and his insurance.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

13. Member
    If they don’t agree to replace the boat, lawyer up.

14. Member
    You have two pictures are they both after the wreck one after getting hit and one after moving motor up on the deck?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    Thanks for this. Who is your auto insurance with?

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Thanks for this. Who is your auto insurance with?
    I was driving a vehicle that was in my car dealership name, and insured under my commercial insurance. Allstate was my boat insurer, and didn't even blink an eye when stepping in. Didnt really think of calling my car insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    You have two pictures are they both after the wreck one after getting hit and one after moving motor up on the deck?
    Yes, I had to put the motor on the deck to drive it home. I started the claim process today.

Do those things PolarCraft195 has stated. Good luck. (If they total your boat, get all your accessories off it before they haul it off.)
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

I was told today that they are going to total my boat. Looks like it is time for a new boat.

BF8C8B6F-B491-4B7A-81E1-7F2C7BA2F89D.jpeg2A786A62-14B5-482F-822E-069935BFADF9.jpeg69D27833-7D12-4B33-B009-5F663E8AD8DD.jpeg Well it sucks. I came out good on my ordeal. But I did learn a few things. I now have each part of the combo insured separately. Trailer, Boat, motor, electronics and fishing gear. You will pay more for it but it’s worth it to have replacement as new insurance. Which means my 2006 60 hp motor gets run into. I get a 2019 60hp. No depreciation no prorating anything. It’s IN Insurance so whatever you can think of they can write it up if they’re willing to cover it. Don’t fall for the package deals on insurance. One size fits all method.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast