lake norman. little creek boat access

Never fished Norman. Heading over for the weekend to visit family and am gonna do a day trip this Sat. I set it up with a guide but he has not given me many details. I'm only going to have room to bring a few rods.(3-5) What would you Norman regulars suggest I bring as far as rod/reel set ups and baits?

Thanks
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Fluke, crank bait, shakey head and chatter bait. Depend on which guide too. Center consoul of bass boat.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

3. Member
    talked to a couple that went out this past weekend, caught them pretty good on top (poppers, walkers) and cranks, white Fluke can nearly always catch them when they are schooling.

Thanks guys

5. Banned
    Depends on guide and if you want to use your tackle or his. If you are using yours tackle rig a couple baitcasting rods up with 12 to 15 LB Fluorocarbon and one spinning reel in 6 pound Floro. Texas rig the one baitcaster with your favorite creature bait in watermelon red then the other baitcaster with a jig in a good clear water color and your spinning reel with a shakey head worm in watermelon or green pumpkin. In my opinion the Floro is a must in the clear water. You will get way more bites with the Floro then Mono.
    Also need a rod to throw whopper plopper for topwater fish using mono or braid for line. That really is all you will need.

PS I won't say this about bass much but those spotted bass from lake Norman are very very very tasty in some grease.

6. Banned
    Looks like Jamie has outlined what you need to take and fish with. That is great info!! Great to see someone really help someone out. Wish you luck on your trip!!

Gonna bring my own stuff. Thanks for the additional info, I appreciate it.

8. Member
    If you are just going fun fishing just tie on a small 2.8 keitech on 3/16 head. Throw it along ends of docks and deep banks. Probably caught 50 on it this past weekend. Glue the keitech on though otherwise you go through about 5 packs. Lol
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

These two are bad boys on Norman
    3/8oz Truesouth Rockstar jig with Bizz Baits Baby Bug

3/4oz Truesouth spinnerbait
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southfork View Post
    If you are just going fun fishing just tie on a small 2.8 keitech on 3/16 head. Throw it along ends of docks and deep banks. Probably caught 50 on it this past weekend. Glue the keitech on though otherwise you go through about 5 packs. Lol
    Can't beat that combo for just catching fish....