Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supra360 View Post
    I wouldn't say Lund has a good warranty or customer service. Research "Lund Transom Rot"
    Does Lund still have wooden transoms?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Does Lund still have wooden transoms?
    Not anymore.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by supra360 View Post
    I wouldn't say Lund has a good warranty or customer service. Research "Lund Transom Rot"
    A few factors, one they produced such a large number of walleye boats that they did indeed have more failures than others. Secondly for a period of time the wood wasn't any good due to regulations. I have had 2 minor warranty issues, both fixed without a hassle. Customer service has been great for me with both of my Lunds, I've had a glass lund and a aluminum one.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    A few factors, one they produced such a large number of walleye boats that they did indeed have more failures than others. Secondly for a period of time the wood wasn't any good due to regulations. I have had 2 minor warranty issues, both fixed without a hassle. Customer service has been great for me with both of my Lunds, I've had a glass lund and a aluminum one.
    I am guessing that the state would not allow treated plywood in manufacturing. Maybe leftover could not be disposed of. Was that correct?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    I am guessing that the state would not allow treated plywood in manufacturing. Maybe leftover could not be disposed of. Was that correct?
    Its what I have been told something like that. TMAC post on here occasionally, he is a Lund expert, he could shed some more light on it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahunter21 View Post
    So I am gonna buy a new tin bass boat in the next few months. I am looking at the ranger rt’s or possibly a tracker. Who offers the best warranty, any insight would be appreciated.
    I looked at a lot of these boats and went with Ranger. They are very good about REPLACING a hull that has a problem with a new hull and not ripping it apart and patching it and send the old patched hull back to you. I won't say they replaced ALL of the hulls that had a problem but they replaced all the hulls I know about. Some people on this forum had had new hulls given to them instead of patching your old one.

The chances might be one in 1000 that you will have a cracked hull.......BUT IF IT HAPPENS, I WANT RANGER TAKING CARE OF ME......and not the other brand you mention. The RANGER warranty customer service was a deal breaker for me. And I would buy the same boat again....No Contest.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12