Battery Draining issues

Just a little confused and looking for some ideas, just replaced my group 27 start battery with a new Durracel 31AGM X2. Still running my Ultrex with one year old Deka wet 27s. Running one live well and two HDS 9 Carbons and one HDS live 9. Nothing else on 6 hours after a full charge. I get home plug in the three bank Dual pro charger and the start battery is fully discharged showing one red light. Can't imagine that short amount of time can draw that much juice, ran the same configuration on my Rt188 with no issues. Motor still started but could tell it was not a crisp start. Bad battery off the shelf?? Any ideas. Thanks
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

2. Member
    Load test that battery, then get a 29 or 31 from Russ.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    Seems my Dual Pro always starts out at one light no matter how discharged they are. It catches up quickly though over the next couple of minutes and shows where they truly are. Maybe that's it?
    2014 920/SHO

4. Member
    Just bought that battery, only had the boat out three times. Defiantly going to have it tested.

5. Member
    That seems to be the same with mine shows low but catches up, could be the way the monitor senses it different than a regular AGM.

6. Member
    I never got an owner's manual with the charger when I got the boat, so I don't know what all is going on, so maybe the first light comes on indicating that the charger is sensing the charge in the battery, then starts charging accordingly. I do know that it shows lights just the opposite of anything I've used before. Have you looked at the lights 10 minutes, 1/2 hour after plugging it in?

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

7. Member
    And yes I've gotten a new battery that was bad, a cabella's group 31 battery. I then got a DECA group 31 from Russ and all has been great for a lot of years.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

8. Member
    I have watched it close while charging and it is slow to charge compared to the trolling motor 27s. The lights may be indicating correctly just seams odd that every time it drops all the way down.

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I just had a similar problem, and I have 2 crankin batteries running parallel. I couldn't even run myt graphs or livewells 10 min before I had to jump my motor.
    Both batteries were new this summer from Batteries Plus. One is the X2 Power gp31 & the other a Duracell agm gp31.
    I drove my boat to Batteries plus just today to have them tested...The X2 was "good" and the Duracell agm gp31 said "replace battery" on their tester.
    I bought the X2 in Feb, and added the Duracell agm in April. When it tested bad, they went in the store and got me a new one! They even pulled out the old one for me & dropped the new one in! Happy about that since they weigh like 70lbs lol

Best thing to do is get a voltage multimeter and measure the DC voltage before you begin to charge it you should be able to fish 2 full days on that setup in my opinion. My dual pro shows 1 red light for awhile as well before it jumps up. I usually don’t watch to see it climb but it for sure takes over a minute to climb I would say. I have a dual pro battery fuel gauge that measures the battery status so I know how dead my battery is every time I plug in my boat I see it. Then I can open the app and check voltage levels as well.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

11. Member
    Give it about 10 minutes and then see where it's at. If you watch it, it will go thru each bank and check the charge. Usually after a few minutes its reading right

12. Member
    If you don't need all your graphs while you are fishing just put the ones at your dash on stand by mode! It makes a huge differen

13. Member
    Sorry. It makes a huge difference. I have 4 12" graphs on my PHX and it was using a lot of juice. You might want to try it and see what happens.

14. Member
    Thanks for the input, did put one dash on standby and dropped the brightness down a notch. Same run time and battery started charge at about 50%, better that 20% like the last few times. Still think I will put another agm on the system just in case.