convert away from vault hubs.

I have a 2013 920 and noticed I have yet another failed vault hub. This time its the inner seal on the hub with the brakes on the port side. This is the 5 or 6th vault failure and am really tired of them. What needs to be done to switch to standard grease and bearing buddy?

2. Member
    You should be about to just put a budding bearing in the hub. I put them in my Stratos trailer, and I think it may have originally came with a vault hub

3. Member
    Don't understand the failures. I've lost one seal in 6 years. So far, I love the Vault system.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Member
    have you asked vault about why it is happening?

I’d call marine master and talk to tammie. She knows her stuff on that she worked for UFP who makes the vault hubs before going to marine master.

6. Member
    Maybe check to see if you also have unusual tire wear on the same wheel you have vault problems. Maybe you have a bent spindle, causing the wrong pressure on the bearings.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
    You should be about to just put a budding bearing in the hub. I put them in my Stratos trailer, and I think it may have originally came with a vault hub
    My 2016 trailer had a hub failure last year after 4.5 drive (found braided line caught up and wrapped on spindle that someone threw on the ground in hotel parking lot), anyhow, I just converted everything to normal standard grease hubs by removing the Vault cap, cleaned everything and repacked using the LUCAS marine grease, going to revert back to the annual maintenance plan like I used to

8. Member
    There is really nothing special in a vault hub other than the hybrid lube.
    Take your old seal to NAPA or O'Reilly and match it up with a good National
    seal. Buy a standard grease zirt too. Clean bearings, hand pack and install
    new seals. After you set the play and put the cotter pin in, install the zirt and
    pump grease until it comes out. Then hand pack the Vault cap and tap it on.
    Done! Use any good wheel bearing grease. I use red n' tacky. Advantage of
    regular grease is, if you lose a seal, you will still be able to limp in without losing
    ALL your lube.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    There is really nothing special in a vault hub other than the hybrid lube.
    Take your old seal to NAPA or O'Reilly and match it up with a good National
    seal. Buy a standard grease zirt too. Clean bearings, hand pack and install
    new seals. After you set the play and put the cotter pin in, install the zirt and
    pump grease until it comes out. Then hand pack the Vault cap and tap it on.
    Done! Use any good wheel bearing grease. I use red n' tacky. Advantage of
    regular grease is, if you lose a seal, you will still be able to limp in without losing
    ALL your lube.
    Vault caps arent reusable. They are a crush type fit. Im not a fan of the Vault system. the old style pressure system with regular grease works just fine.