Thread: Trucks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Trucks

Why are all trucks 4 doors now?

Like I want all my family in my damn truck....am I right or am I right???

2. Member
    Why so pizzed off??

You are the 1 guy in 2,345,197 people that they thought might be disturbed by having more than 2 doors. Stats don't lie!

4. BIG BLUE NATION
    aaaaa.......so they can charge more? I don’t know!

5. Banned
    Useful? Sure for people. But I bet I got as much storage in my trunk.
    Last edited by imbatman; 11-04-2019 at 04:29 AM.

A farmer friend of mine mentioned this the other day about that same subject not easy finding a single cab anymore.

I like the multi door trucks, I have one butttt I love my regular cab !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Well, I like my extended cab also, but I think they are like regular cabs, hard to find.

9. Member
    I want a small (S-10) size 2 dr. No need for a larger truck.

I wouldn't want a single cab, I use the back seat of my GMC double cab for my duffle bags for hunting, etc. No one ever sits back there, crew cabs are made for hauling people!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

11. Member
    I have been looking at new again lately, mainly F250/350. I asked my wife one day, why wouldn't I be happy with a single cab? The main reason I wouldn't be happy is that I cant seem to find one spec'd the way I want. Seems like all the single cabs are base trucks with few if any options. I want a few options such as heated seats and navigation. I have been to Ford.com and built a truck there and honestly by the time I put a few options on it I might as well get the crew cab for the same price or a bit less with package discounts. I agree with Bob G, its rare that anyone rides back there, but I love that space for easy access storage!

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

12. Member

13. Member
    Because that’s what the market buys.

14. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    They are only going to build what they can sell, vast majority do not want single cabs. I would not take a single cab for any reason. Have a crew cab RAM and the space is way to useful. From hauling around 5 people, room for the dog, place to put things in the dry. Use the bed for dirty crap I don't want in the front and not worried about putting clean stuff in the same area.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

The full size truck has become the new do all family vehicle. I was reading an article about that the other day and it definitely matches up with what I see around town and with folks I know. If you don't need the 3rd row seat, it'll do everything a Tahoe, Suburban or Expedition will do and then some without paying the insane price tag on those SUVs...which is even more nuts to think about considering how expensive trucks are. Personally, I love an extended cab. I'm 6' and fit just fine in my GMC, wouldn't necessarily want to be stuck back there over a couple hours on a road trip but it's fine. It's nice having the extra interior room without sacrificing much bed space. The suicide doors can be a pain in parking lots sometimes, but that's really the only drawback in my mind.

16. Member
    To haul soccer players, sports equipment, groceries and other things vans use to be used for.
    Praying for a Cure

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 481VSangler View Post
    The full size truck has become the new do all family vehicle. I was reading an article about that the other day and it definitely matches up with what I see around town and with folks I know. If you don't need the 3rd row seat, it'll do everything a Tahoe, Suburban or Expedition will do and then some without paying the insane price tag on those SUVs...which is even more nuts to think about considering how expensive trucks are. Personally, I love an extended cab. I'm 6' and fit just fine in my GMC, wouldn't necessarily want to be stuck back there over a couple hours on a road trip but it's fine. It's nice having the extra interior room without sacrificing much bed space. The suicide doors can be a pain in parking lots sometimes, but that's really the only drawback in my mind.
    You nailed it. Full size SUVs have become luxury vehicles and are priced accordingly. Most families can't afford $50k+ SUVs so they either buy a mini van if they need a third row or a crew crab truck. I was talking to a colleague a couple years ago that always bought Tahoes, but the prices got so insane they we going to buy a crew cab truck instead.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

After having a four door truck there's no way I could go back to a regular cab for everyday use.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Why are all trucks 4 doors now?

Like I want all my family in my damn truck....am I right or am I right???
    I'm the same way and I hate people riding in the back seat when I'm driving. Luckily you can get some extended cab trucks with the munchkin back seats and higher trim packages for storing duffle bags and stuff.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

20. Banned
    I'd roll a new regular cab. Still have a regular cab Ranger.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast