Lake Sangchris March 10th

Whats the predominant pattern this time of year. Its my first time going there and i have no idea what to expect. Whats the water clarity like, will they be spawning then?

Whats a good ramp to use?

2. Member
    I use strakas (spell?) Ramp. It is the closest to the hot water discharge. Depending on the weather temp wise. I had good luck with plastics, and burning rattle baits. It really all depends on the plant running or not...

3. Member

Re: (Gale1980)

is their a schedule I can look up?

4. Member

Re: (buzzzzbait88)

I have done well throwing jigs and crankbaits on the dam that time of year. If the plant is running give buzzbaits in pockets in the hot arm a try.

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar

Re: (ventben)

The lake is low and the water is clear. We got some rain last night so that might help with the clear water. Strawkis ramp is in the hot arm and is your best bet. The plant has been running on and off.I don't think you'll find 50 degree water. I think the west ramp is closed due to a huge hole at the end of the ramp..Red eye shads on points is always a good starting point..

Dale Sinclair original

6. Member
    Water was in the 60's last Friday fyi. Plant is supposed to be online for a while.

7. Member

it is a 25hp lake, if you didnt know.

Re: (Gale1980)

Another vote for spots and traps on main make points. Mis in some spinnerbaits (slow) too. I have caught a few bigger fish in the hot arm TX rigging a big lizard in the heaviest brush available. That was a few yearas ago, though.
    WashCo Tournament Series

9. Member

Re: (basscubs1)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by basscubs1 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">it is a 25hp lake, if you didnt know.</td></tr></table>

I've heard that, but I also heard you could idle with a big motor. I was planning on calling DNR to find out for sure.

10. Member

I was really hoping that time of year would be good for beating the bank. Spinnerbaits and flipping laydowns/bushes, I don't know much about power plant lakes, but figured that would be about prespawn.

11. Proud American Union local16's Avatar

25 HP limit and absolutely no idleing a bigger motor. You can use your bigger motor to load your boat but that's it..

Dale Sinclair original

12. Member

Re: (local16)

Is it a big deal to use your trolling motor? It looks like a good size lake on google earth. Motor restrictions suck! A 25hp wide open is going to put off just as much exhaust as a 250 at idle and create more wake.

Trolling motor only is no problem. You'll be catching fish as soon as you launch. After that just keep fishing.
    2004 Triton TR21, 225 proxs

14. Member

Re: (Fish_4_Five)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Fish_4_Five &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Trolling motor only is no problem. You'll be catching fish as soon as you launch. After that just keep fishing. </td></tr></table>

that good huh, awesome. I think I might try and mount a 9.9 on the back of my buddies tracker and use that to puts around with so we don't burn up the batteries to quick, but the other group of guys I'll be going with doesn't have that option.