Jug fishing for catfish legal?

I couldn’t find anything about jug fishing in the Alabama regs. Is it legal to fish for catfish with jugs or floating pool noodle rigs in Alabama?

Edit: I’ve found a couple of articles that have convinced me it is. So now my question is do they need to be labeled? Here in KY you need to have your jugs marked with your name and address.
    Last edited by Elkins45; 11-03-2019 at 07:57 PM.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    I would assume yes, since I see them floating all the time up and down the Coosa River.

3. Member
    Angling Laws

A recreational fishing license is required to jug fish in the waterways of Alabama. The state does not restrict the number of catfish under the size of 34 inches that you can catch, but you can only keep one catfish that exceeds 34 inches in total length. No size limit is in effect for non-native blue catfish or flathead catfish in non-native Chattahoochee rivers, the Blackwater, Perdido, Conecuh, Yellow, Choctawhatchee and Chipola. Auburn University states that 36 percent of all freshwater anglers in Alabama fish for catfish.
    T

4. Member
    As far as I know they do not have to be labeled mine are not and never have seen anybody else’s in my are labeled.