Fall bite has been hot, post your catches!!!

Alright guys let’s not get this forum taken away by lack of posting. NC trout fishing has been on fire this year and is only getting better with the cooler temps we’re finally getting. Our flounder season has been closed along with stripers so it’s basically trout and red drum for the grease.

Post up some fall saltwater pics!!

2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

2. Member
    refish.png

Caught quite a few of these guys the past couple weeks as they start to move back offshore
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great catch on the yak.
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

Saw a personal best red get free from me yesterday in the surf . I was just trying to fill the cooler with some whiting for tacos so that little 1/0 wasn't enough to hold her.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

5. Member
    Im getting ready for the fall bite myself. Looking foward to it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    Im getting ready for the fall bite myself. Looking foward to it.
    All these storms in FL have been screwing up my getting out. Hoping the wind lays down Sunday so I can get out for a few hours in the morning and maybe get a red at high tide.

Had a nice mixed bag on Saturday, 11/7 at the Cape Lookout jetty and in the breakers along Harkers Island. Nothing big but nonstop action. Also had my first bite from a false albacore. It snapped off in about 3 seconds but what a 3 second rush! My legs were shaking for about 5 minutes afterward. I’m hoping for another shot at one this weekend or next if they’re still around.

Nice Luke! Those FA pull like a freight train.
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

Fall bite this year has been a little slow due to the warm temps. Have spent a lot of time in the woods deer hunting with my son and have only fished a couple times. Went out last weekend and with the full moon and strong east wind the bite was a little slow.
    Did manage a 4.5lb. trout that unfortunately swallowed my MR17 and couldn’t be revived. She won’t go to waste though as she will be eaten along with some oysters soon.

2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

10. Fishing is a Passion
    Just retired, moving to Wilmington NC, grew up in the Chesapeake Bay area, but that is not the Ocean. Really hooked on King Mack. Cannot wait to learn more about the ocean. So bring the tips. Have a 26ft Sunbird Neptune walkaround, ready to fish
    Last edited by JohnnyO; 12-07-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Just retired, moving to Wilmington NC, grew up in the Chesapeake Bay area, but that is not the Ocean. Really hooked on King Mack. Cannot wait to learn more about the ocean. So bring the tips. Have a 26ft Sunbird Neptune walkaround, ready to fish
    Congrats on retirement! Have family that lives in Wilmington. I don't King fish much but when I do it's up towards Emerald Isle and Atlantic Beach area. Since you're in to saltwater fishing checkout THT NC Forum. Lot of good info there as well as FB for the Wilmington area for inshore/offshore fishing.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/carolinas-29/
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

12. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by PATRO View Post
    Congrats on retirement! Have family that lives in Wilmington. I don't King fish much but when I do it's up towards Emerald Isle and Atlantic Beach area. Since you're in to saltwater fishing checkout THT NC Forum. Lot of good info there as well as FB for the Wilmington area for inshore/offshore fishing.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/carolinas-29/
    Thanks so much
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

13. Member
    IMG_20201013_184538853.jpg
    Forgot to add this pic from October, no big reds this year, but managed a PB 44" King from the yak

Just an update, I got another chance at some false albacore a few weeks later. We ended up with about a dozen between us. They put up a great fight on light tackle and we were wore out after a few hours. There were pods of them breaking all around us for the few hours we were there at the shipping channel by Fort Macon. This could never replace the hunt I love for bass or inshore trout and reds but it sure was a blast!
    Santa was good to me this year too. I sure was surprised to find a 14’ jon boat in the garage on Christmas morning! This will be great for banging around the creeks for trout and reds. My 3 year old is pretty excited about it too. She’ll be wearing out the pinfish and setting crab traps all summer.

Enjoy the new rig Luke. Definitely will be a great boat for the creeks.
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

Sadly I’ve only been fishing twice this fall. Bought a new lot and been spending a lot of time working on it cutting trees and grading. Did manage this beauty which was released to fight another day if the gill nets don’t get her.
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

Nice fish. We gotta get rid of the nets.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

From today. I didn't think I could get to the ramp because for the Ice Piles from the Snow Plows. Then I had to ease through some Ice to get to the open water.Cashie Striper 1 of 14 01242022.jpg
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest