Tournament Saver Pro “ battery jumper ?

Any body use one of these?... any electrical problems?, , any chance they might stick ‘ & hit your motor with 24v ?...

Mine has been great for the last 2 years. I’ve used it hundreds of times due to my insufficient cranking battery days. 100 bucks well spent and I know others on this board have loved theirs too.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

3. Member
    I don’t have one, but just by reading it seems like a momentary connection while the button is pushed. Only way you could give your motor 24v is if you hooked it up in series with another TM battery. Which would require extra cables/connections and work, so I would say you’re safe.

This looks very similar to Ranger's system except they don't have the momentary switch.

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    Any body use one of these?... any electrical problems?, , any chance they might stick ‘ & hit your motor with 24v ?...
    The video will answer your question: http://tournamentsaverpro.com/videos/
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman920 View Post
    BUY ONE! I bought two, one for my son and one for me. It’s saved both of us during tournaments over the past year. It’s the cheapest insurance policy you’ll buy, but it’s the one you’ll use the most.

7. Member
    I just keep a stand alone jump start battery in my compartment. Take it out every couple of months to charge it up but I've used it a number of times. On my boat and on others who have dead cranking batteries on the water.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Wouldn't a set if jumper cables are a cheap jump box do the same thing?

I run a Troll Bridge system. It will not only "Borrow" power from the Trolling Battery,(Automatically) but will also CHARGE the TM batteries when the big motor is running !!
    I've fished for 3 days and never plugged into power at night to charge the TM batteries !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Sure, jumper cables, booster box or whatever ranger uses. Nobody ever fishes up to the last second of a tournament:/ Push the button and turn the key is all I have to do to start my boat with a dead starter battery. No more praying that my booster box starts it or jumping back and forth to hook up and unhook cables. It’s $100 bucks and easy to install.

11. Member
    I have one on my Triton, used it once and it was in a tourney, I think it is a good and wise investment. Where can I get one installed in the DFW area for my new rig ?

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Jumper cables, in addition to being less convenient to use, are longer [which adds to resistance], typically smaller gauge wire, and have less secure connection than the hard-wired jumper switch. Cheap jump boxes are just another thing to carry [takes up room in the boat and can potentially be damaged in rough water, depending upon how stored]. You also have to keep them maintained, because they do lose charge, and you would need to get a fairly powerful one to start big-block engines. Yeah, there are other ways to accomplish more or less the same thing, but the jump switches are barely more expensive than portable jump starters and way more convenient.

P.S. I imagine practically any bass boat dealer these days installs jump switches. For sure, any Ranger dealer does. Just do a Google search for bass boat dealers in your area.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I carry a set of Jumper Cables...........to loan to OTHERS who need them, LOL !!!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

jumper cables and a lithium jump pack aren’t even in the same league as the tourney saver pro. It’s a worry free, trouble free, instant jump with the push of a button. Zero effort and half a second to engage. I used lithium packs in the past and going back to get it ready to work is a pain especially multiple times in a day. Works for sure but just not as efficient and I’ve fished for a full day off the tourney saver pro, jumping the boat 30+times in a single day. I still carry a noco GB40 for emergency Incase something ever happened. I never have even messed with jumper cables on a boat personally. Seems like an accident waiting to happen. I did one time see a guy try and use them and fry his 12 volt system on his outboard which probably just consisted of a bunch of blown fuses but I didn’t ask him after his trip to the dealer.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

15. Member
    I have custom built several harnesses that do this, as well as the hump switch used on many boats. The button push system is the most convenient.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]