Used puma pricing?

As some here will know I have been contemplating selling my puma for a lynx. But I have seen used prices all over the place for pumas. My current puma is a 2012 and I have seen them very similar any where from $30k to 40k+. Isee one listed in new York on here that has been for sale a couple of months at 30k and has not sold. Of course I would have to sell mine to get another but there is such a big difference between 30-40k. Please advise me on a general idea on realistic pricing. At 30k I am not so sure I can make it work but at 40k I believe I can. I really don't want to list the options/upgrades to the boat so no one thinks I am trying to sell without listing. I am just toying with the idea.

Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Banned
    I am seeing the same thing. I’ve got a boat that I am selling and obviously the more I get for mine the more I can spend on a new to me BassCat. I’ve been checking the classifieds and some of the prices are all over the place. I completely understand if the boat has high end electronics and accessories will demand a higher price. On another note I’ve seen some very reasonable prices also.

3. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    And some guys are just so high on their price because they bought with as little as possible down and the longest payment plan out there. And still owe more than the boat is worth.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickPro201 View Post
    And some guys are just so high on their price because they bought with as little as possible down and the longest payment plan out there. And still owe more than the boat is worth.
    Ok.. I get it but there has to be a general consensus on an average for a 2012 puma. Most all puma are gonna have a 250 2s with quite a few hours, tandem axle with brakes, and with most accessories you don't even get 50% due to some wanting them and some not. I just don't see a 10k difference between accessories.

So maybe another way to view this is a 2012 puma stock as it was bought. That would give a baseline and can add for upgrades and minus for wear and/or issues.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    Location is going to be a factor so I would look for comps in your area up to 5-8 hours away. Boattrader/Facebook/Craigslist and dealers will give you a good indication. Options will make a big difference (ultrex etc)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    Location is going to be a factor so I would look for comps in your area up to 5-8 hours away. Boattrader/Facebook/Craigslist and dealers will give you a good indication. Options will make a big difference (ultrex etc)
    I can agree with location making a little difference, but most guys will travel 6-8 hours for "the right boat". I did the same. I have looked at comps but they vary the 10-15k that I am trying to figure out.

I am just like any other possible seller and want to get the most out of it I can, but if I do sell I want to price it right to avoid some of the BS.

I do agree that something like an ultrex would make a 1k difference. I think poles would make a 1.5-2k difference. I think graphs would make very little difference due to not being exactly what some one wants or probably not current models, etc.

Does anyone know of someone that has very recently sold a puma or cougar around a 2012? The listing price is hard to go on due to only being worth what someone is willing to buy it for.

I have got a price in mind for mine but due to seeing 2 other boats below my price thinks I may be thinking a little to much. Unfortunately for me 5-10k makes a huge difference in my financial situation.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

7. Member
    List it for the price you want and if it doesn't sell in a couple of months consider reducing the price.

I have seen some boats listed for a year at the same price without selling. Maybe time to reduce one before that long.

8. Member

9. Banned
    wasn't the spring promo about $43k in 2011-2013 timeframe?

10. Member
    Yea I saw that one. That seems very high to me. I am think the baseline should be around $35k +/- accessories and issues. Does that seem about right?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

11. Member
    This is a beautiful boat but I would have reservations about the number of hours on the outboard.

12. Member
    Lots of variables, but 35k as a baseline feels reasonable. In my opinion, the main factors that can impact the price are overall condition, color scheme, warranty, hours, location and accessories.

13. Member
    What I’m seeing is the folks who bought in 2008 to 2011 have seen a very low rate of depreciation on their rigs because the costs have soared so much 2012 to present.

14. Member
    only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. List it for what you feel is right then adjust it based off of the feedback you get from the market.

15. Member
    Thanks for all the info guys.. With your help I have done more homework and narrowed it down a bit. Now the big decision is to pull the trigger or not. I have to admit I am scared of a 70K boat. But damn I love fishing (in style). I am one of those guys that I get exactly what I want of I don't get anything. But one thing is for sure my next boat will be a lynx!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

I agree with this. I bought my 08 Cougar in 2016 for 22K. Ive seen the same boat for 25-29k in the last few months, 3.5 yrs later.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerbass10 View Post
    Lots of variables, but 35k as a baseline feels reasonable. In my opinion, the main factors that can impact the price are overall condition, color scheme, warranty, hours, location and accessories.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys.. With your help I have done more homework and narrowed it down a bit. Now the big decision is to pull the trigger or not. I have to admit I am scared of a 70K boat. But damn I love fishing (in style). I am one of those guys that I get exactly what I want of I don't get anything. But one thing is for sure my next boat will be a lynx!!!
    Your gonna love the lynx. I have a 2013 puma and a 2020 lynx. 300 and a fury 4 blade. I only have 4 hrs on it but i am amazed how it runs. If you can get a new pretty loaded lynx for 70k you are a much better buyer than I was. Good luck. JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

18. Member
    I’m in the market for a 2012-2014 Cougar and wouldn’t pay more than $34K if that helps but I have 2 NIB Lowrance Lives.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

19. Member
    I can see that. Think that is good average price.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx