Question Which prop for 2007 929 Nitro

I have a 2007 929 Nitro with a 13' 250 pro xs. I ran that boat heavy for years with an old 25 Bravo 1 that has 8 pvs holes added with some work by Mark C. I took a lot of weight out of it and moved the plastics and some other heavy stuff to the rear compartments. This has really changed the way this boat gets up and has done away with a lot of porposing it has always had. Now when I go to get up on plane the nose really stands up high but comes over quickly. It has never done this before and I guess it was removing weight and rearranging that changed it. I also have a back up prop that is a 25 Tempest + with some work by Mark C. I am wondering (haven't had a chance to check yet) if the tempest will make the high nose any better at take off and how it will carry the boat now with less weight. The Bravo 1 has 2 holes plugged because it would blow out some and the 25 Tempest has at least one medium hole plug in it. What is the dia. of the Bravo 1 vs. the 25 Tempest. I could measure that but wasn't sure if the dia was measured at the front or rear of the prop. I am waiting to hear from you BBCers.

2. Member
    WOT RPMS from.a Smartcraft instrument will dictate the proper pitch.

3. Member
    I will get back to you on that when I know exactly for certain. I do have a smartcraft instrument.
    Thank you.

4. Member
    14 5/8" for the tempest and 15 1/4 for the bravo. If your running the bravo with all the holes open try plugging some of them.

5. Member
    OK, I got the boat out and have some WOT numbers. The 25 Bravo 1 was hitting 6050 on the smart craft at a GPS speed of 68.3. I ran it at 2 3/4 and 2 1/2 P2P with the 2 1/2 being a little better (10" Atlas Hyd. jack plate). I also ran the 25 Tempest and got 5950 on the smart craft with a GPS speed of 67.3. I also found out why the nose was going higher than ever, The trim gauge was showing all the way down when it was not. I corrected that and it gets up now with a very slight bow rise and quick to plane. Overall it seemed to run good but would like any info if the WOT rpm's and speed don't seem to be right. Thanks.

6. Member
    Would ya'll take a look at this again. I have some WOT numbers posted now. Thanks.

7. Member
    Your RPM'S are right where they should be, so you are likely maxed out.