Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sellers remorse !!

I thought I would throw my 2002 185vs with 175 hpdi (280 hours) out there for sale thinking I would upGRADE to a 518 witha 200 if someone gave me my price. Well?????????????????? It looks like I have not one but two buyers interested and I'm thinking ,,, Am I doing the right thing? My boat Is stacked with great gear two hds 7 units and an additional hds all linked to my XI5 TM so fishing is easy. My engine starts every time and it's really in great shape. I just am thinking a little bigger would be nice.

Has anyone ever sold a great boat for an upgrade and then regretted the decision. One buyer is coming by tomorrow.

2. Member
    Sell it and dont look back I loved my old boat but the new 4s is sweet

3. Member
    is this the boat you bought this spring

4. Member
    Jump in that 518 and dont look back

5. Member
    Is it payed for? That pretty much ends my quest for something new (2003 185VS). My old xr6 smokes but runs like a charm. I kinda like that smell in the morning. Yes, I would get a more efficient motor that may get a little better gas mileage but for 40K. It take a few years to recoup that investment.

6. Member
    It is hard to leave the one that works every time you take it out. I loved my older ranger but love my current one as well. As long as you are good with the $ and it's an upgrade I don't think you'll be sorry.

7. Member
    I was in your spot 1 year ago when I had an opportunity to buy a very lightly used 2014 Z119C.... I loved my 2003 185VS and had taken good care of it and had no issues. I posted it on BBC and had a buyer the next day which was a little bittersweet. I sent it down the road and upgraded to next size up boat and 11 years newer. 1 year in, for me, it was the right deal at the right time. If the financial aspect works for you, do it. You’re looking so you already have something in mind. The boat you have is a sweet ride. Biggest adjustment for me in the new models is the front storage layout but the overall efficiency in the layout is great once you adjust.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    I was in your spot 1 year ago when I had an opportunity to buy a very lightly used 2014 Z119C.... I loved my 2003 185VS and had taken good care of it and had no issues. I posted it on BBC and had a buyer the next day which was a little bittersweet. I sent it down the road and upgraded to next size up boat and 11 years newer. 1 year in, for me, it was the right deal at the right time. If the financial aspect works for you, do it. You’re looking so you already have something in mind. The boat you have is a sweet ride. Biggest adjustment for me in the new models is the front storage layout but the overall efficiency in the layout is great once you adjust.
    my buyer came today , loved it and will be back tomorrow to pay for it. Honestly as I was going through the boat with him I was really having second thoughts. Hard to picture a more reliable boat but like everyone says I love my new Ranger too . (I just hope I find a good one)

9. Member
    My 2012 has been an awesome boat that I've loved. With that said though, I'm very much looking forward to my new one that hopefully I will get this Wednesday or Thursday (weather permitting). If I was giving up my 2012 for another brand, or non-bass boat, I would have horrible remorse. My 2012 has been such a good boat that the only replacement I would consider is another Ranger. Knowing I'm getting something newer, and I think better has me super excited. No looking back.....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    My 2012 has been an awesome boat that I've loved. With that said though, I'm very much looking forward to my new one that hopefully I will get this Wednesday or Thursday (weather permitting). If I was giving up my 2012 for another brand, or non-bass boat, I would have horrible remorse. My 2012 has been such a good boat that the only replacement I would consider is another Ranger. Knowing I'm getting something newer, and I think better has me super excited. No looking back.....
    Thanks Bob, The only difference is that I don't have the other boat yet . I need to find it out there in the market.

11. Member
    I looked for several years and located a z518 with a 200. Love that boat. No Regrets
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

I am on boat number 8 and looking for boat number 9...LOL There is no perfect boat, only time spent on the water chasing memories.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

13. Member
    you say you have two buyers looking at it,how did that turn out,if you dont like the boat i would sell it,i just sold mine because i could not take the dual console anymore and i am going back to a single console,mine sold real fast good luck

14. Member
    I bought a new Z521 in 2017 and have been dreaming about a new one since the instant I drove off the dealer's lot.

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    I am on boat number 8 and looking for boat number 9...LOL There is no perfect boat, only time spent on the water chasing memories.
    If you are anything like me, Finlander, and I suspect that you are, you enjoy the challenges and rewards of setting up a new/different boat just as much as you do riding in it. I’m on boat 16, and when I’m dead I’ll stop looking at/for my next one. The manufacturers keep changing their boats just for guys like us, and I wouldn’t want to disappoint them.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    you say you have two buyers looking at it,how did that turn out,if you dont like the boat i would sell it,i just sold mine because i could not take the dual console anymore and i am going back to a single console,mine sold real fast good luck
    I still have the boat for sale. Both buyers for different reasons backed out . No surprise right?

17. Member
    mine went asap,first guy looked at it,we water tested it everything was in great shape on it,new ultrex,carbon 9"s it was a true garage queen,the ranger cover had only been used a handful of times,guys sure like them options but dont seem to like the price they cost good luck on your sale

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    mine went asap,first guy looked at it,we water tested it everything was in great shape on it,new ultrex,carbon 9"s it was a true garage queen,the ranger cover had only been used a handful of times,guys sure like them options but dont seem to like the price they cost good luck on your sale
    THX

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    If you are anything like me, Finlander, and I suspect that you are, you enjoy the challenges and rewards of setting up a new/different boat just as much as you do riding in it. I’m on boat 16, and when I’m dead I’ll stop looking at/for my next one. The manufacturers keep changing their boats just for guys like us, and I wouldn’t want to disappoint them.
    Very similar indeed. I am on my 8th glass boat, aluminum gets me to 10 total and I doubt I will catch your 16. I do like the many aspects other brands offer and consequently am not a brand loyalist. I can appreciate the build quality of Ranger but the others are not that far behind or ahead. I purchased my last new boat in 07 and determined a little age is not a bad thing. Its much more cost affective to flip older units than taking the new hit. The only issue is finding a motivated seller who is not upside down. I have had my current Ranger for just less than a year and will likely sell it next spring, summer, fall? Looking at the much newer 16/17/18 Z520C but the Phoenix 920, Cat Cougar FTD and Skeeter FX 21 LE's are also on the radar. We'll see.
    Last edited by Finlander; 11-11-2019 at 04:17 AM.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

20. Member
    Thanks Finlander, I do enjoy searching for new boats otherwise I wouldn't continue to do it. An interesting thing is that I have only had one boat that I wish I never sold. I had a R93 with an Evinrude FICT that was a winner. I know that was a troubled engine but mine was a good one. I added a 6" jack plate and that boat ran 74 flat. It handled rough water better than any 19' boat I've ever been in. I might try to find a R91

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast