Smobot for he Big Grren Egg

Purchased a Smobot this past week for my Large BGE. My brother as one, along with the Digi-Q for the bottom event. Said he’s hardly used the Digi-Q for low temp cooks since buying a Smobot. He did a 15 hour cook on two briskets (has a stacking rack installed). Should me the graph on his phone. It varied less than 5 degrees from start to finish with the exception of when he opened the lid.
    Anyone else have any experience with the Smobot? Would love some thoughts, or tips on using it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

2. Member
    I can't help, but u need to get on the eggheadforum.

Checked it out. Some information. Just checking to see if any the gurus on here had any insight.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    I've never had an issue just rolling old school. For long overnight cooks that will be unattended, I just try to get my temp stabilized for a couple of hours before the protien goes on, then go to bed. When I wake up, check it and adjust if necessary, but most times no adjustments required.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

Should be delivered Tuesday. I setup an account, and had submitted a question about the controller, and adjusting the bottom opening when using the Smobot for low temp cooks. Got a detailed answer back from one of the owners the same day. They’re very responsive to questions or issues.
    I’ve logged plenty of hours on the Egg old school, and for the most part, have never had issues with temp spikes or drops. Just wanted to add a little piece of mind for long, overnight cooks when I’ve got a cut of meat I’ve sunk some $$$ in.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Finally completed a couple of cooks on my BGE using the Smobot.
    One was 6 hours with ribs and a beer butt chicken at 250. Both turned out perfectly, and the temperature never varied more than 4 degrees throughout the cook.
    The second was a 20 hour cook on a 15 lbs. brisket at 230 degrees. Took it off when it reached 198, and probed like butter. FTC for two hours in the cooler before serving. The temperature varied approximately 4 degrees throughout the cook with two spikes to 238 (pocket of wood chips caught is my guess), and 4 drops to 220 when I opened the lid to check it, and to wrap it in pink butcher paper when it stalled at 165.
    The Smobot is worth every dime for low, slow cooks. And I suspect for high temp cooks if you don’t want to stand over your BGE.
    Manage and control the whole thing from your phone. Awesome device.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"