Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gatortrax Strike Series

How is the ride compared to the same size glass bass boats?

2. Member
    There was a couple guys on here that had them. Said they were solid riding rigs. Other than that you may have to go the factory phone call to answer your question. One guy loved his boat so much he got banned.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    There was a couple guys on here that had them. Said they were solid riding rigs. Other than that you may have to go the factory phone call to answer your question. One guy loved his boat so much he got banned.
    Please explain!! ��

He did not get banned because he loved his boat that is so innacurate. He got banned for the rediculous posts he was making dont even start that.

To the OP. They guy that had that boat it was a very nice well built rig and it was fast and i recall he never complained about any ride issues. There may of been another guy that had one but not very common on here. The pics ive seen very nice boats tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    I have crawled all over them at the local boat shows. They are the absolute top of the food chain for aluminum boats I have seen. They are also at the top of the pricing for aluminum boats - equal to most glass boats but you get what you pay for. The hull design is like most of the semi V pad hull boats. I have not ridden in one but there are a couple of local boat builders that make very similar hulls and I have ridden in them. They all ride better, in my opinion, than the production boats because they are a lot heavier being made of .190" aluminum. Again, in my opinion based on the other customs, they would ride as well as a glass boat in a very slight chop and not as well as the wave height increases. After all, they are semi V hulls. I would buy one in a second if I felt I could spend that much on a boat and didn't fish mostly big, open water.

Which glass boat in particular? Driver input will have a lot to do with a boats ride. My boat is comparable to some, but not all. A very heavy glass boat, with a deeper vee, will ride better than my Strike Series in general. You can say it's comparable to some faster shallow v glass bass boat hulls. My boat is not flotation filled, so in rough water you have more of a "bang" than a "thump" from a glass boat. If you schedule some time to go to Gator Trax, they will take you out in one of their boats and answer all of your questions. I love mine. It is a life time boat and I will have it forever. That being said tho, it's not my last boat I will buy. I'm eyeing up the Ballistic boats pretty hard and one would look really nice parked next to my Gator Trax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cade Howard View Post
    How is the ride compared to the same size glass bass boats?

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    Champion. I have a 186 which takes the chop very well unless the waves are spread too far apart for the 18.5 boat like they are frequently on Rayburn.

I do not have any experience in a boat that size to compare it to. I would venture to say any 21 foot boat would take large rollers better than an 18 footer, just because of the distance between the waves and being able to lay ontop them, versus going up and down/in and out of them. Sorry I’m no help with that comparison.

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    ...One guy loved his boat so much he got banned.
    LOL - if love 'n your boat is wrong, I don't wanna be right...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    LOL - if love 'n your boat is wrong, I don't wanna be right...
    Are those the start of a country lyrics song

11. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Are those the start of a country lyrics song
    Hmmmmm.... you might be on to something there, maybe my calling (?).
    Last edited by King_Fish; 11-05-2019 at 09:27 AM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

12. Member
    I understand that a 21’ boat rides better than a 18’ just due to the size. Should have phrased that different. Just wondering if I could expect a similar ride to equivalent size champion bass boat. Champion boats of all sizes and Legend V20 are really only ones I have experience in.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Hmmmmm.... you might be on to something there, maybe my calling (?).
    Finish the song I will add the melody. I play the violin.

If all I fished was Rayburn or Toledo Bend, and my choices were 21' Gator Trax, or a 21' Legend, I'm going with the Legend. If you are looking into a Gator Trax, then price-wise you can buy any bass boat out there. I encounter big water, but it isn't all the time. I made my decision because it fit my every want/need and I could design it exactly how I wanted. Hope that helped a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cade Howard View Post
    I understand that a 21’ boat rides better than a 18’ just due to the size. Should have phrased that different. Just wondering if I could expect a similar ride to equivalent size champion bass boat. Champion boats of all sizes and Legend V20 are really only ones I have experience in.

15. Member
    When I had my camp on Toledo Bend I ran a 186 Champion by choice. I fished out of 19' and 21' custom aluminum boats there and the ride wasn't even close in rough water. I was happy with my choice due to the majority of my fishing being there. Now that I seldom fish big water, I would prefer the Gator Trax or a similar boat and if I buy another boat it will be one of those.

16. Member
    Gotcha. Thanks guys

17. Member
    I have a 20 ft Gator trax Strike series. My boat has never left Lake Fork so I do not fish a lot of rough water. I think it is a similar ride to a glass boat. It is heavier than your normal tin boat. I went with Gator Trax because I could design the entire boat the way I wanted it. If you are every up in the Lake Fork area give me shout and I will take you out and let you run it. PM me if you have any questions.

18. Member

[QUOTE=Cajun Pop;10626803 the production boats because they are a lot heavier being made of .190" aluminum.[/QUOTE]

I can see why they would be the top of the food chain on cost with a hull that thick. I would guest the ride would be fantastic.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Kent and Wayne at Gator Trax priced out a new dual console (removable) 20' Strike Series for me last week. 250 Merc 4s, Merc Smartcraft, dual axle trailer with brakes, Sea Dek, 10" hyd jackplate, . I didnt need electronics, trolling motor, props, etc. Just north of $60k. Thats about what I paid for a brand new fully loaded Allison BasSport Pro in fall of 2007. I've yet to see a Gator Trax in person, but if I like what I see, this will probably be my "next last boat" :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast