Question Hows McClure fishing?

Going there next week end and as was needing basic info or whatever you want to share. Thanks
    Bruce Theriot
    2003 Champion 196 Elite
    200 Mercury Optimax

2. Member
    I took my dad up on Monday. We caught over 20 with 99% caught on drop shot. Threw every type of topwater and reaction baits with no luck. Fish were busting shad but still no reaction bite.
    Native Titan 10.5 Kayak

3. Member
    its been awhile since we've been there, but a c-rig was the most used tactic. went through different size/colored worms until we found the one they wanted most....

4. Banned
    I can always find a few drop-shotting an oxblood or PBJ Roboworm. Been told a fluke or underspin, but I can never get those to work for me. We'll be camping up there Veteran's Day weekend and the weather looks to be somewhat in our favor.

5. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Haven't been in a while, i'd agree with the drop shot or texas rig. I'll be at Melones later this week, will probably focus the same. Great weather this week, can't wait.
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

6. Member
    Was there yesterday and caught a bunch of small spots . Drop shot was the ticket using mostly shad colored baits . Just about every fish I caught was puking up shad . Water was 61 at launch and weather was clear , bright , no hardly any wind after sun up . Shad schools seemed to be anywhere between 15-45 foot deep

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I better have a dropshot rod ready.
    Bruce Theriot
    2003 Champion 196 Elite
    200 Mercury Optimax