Powering a Solix for Indoor use?

I’d like to bring Solix G2 CHO unit inside and play around with it in demo mode so I can figure out the operating system, various settings, etc. It’ll be mounted on the bow and easy to remove.

For those of you doing this how are you powering it up? HB power cable, a 5 AMP in line fuse and a small 12v battery or are there better options?
    Last edited by Tilzbow; 11-01-2019 at 07:41 PM.

I use a A/C to D/C power supply. I have a SOLIX beside my desk now. I have the Radio Shack brand, but this is similar:

https://voltage-converter-transforme...-dc-max-20-amp
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I use a A/C to D/C power supply. I have a SOLIX beside my desk now. I have the Radio Shack brand, but this is similar:

https://voltage-converter-transforme...-dc-max-20-amp
    Nice! Do you install an inline fuse between that and your Solix for insurance?

I have an extra power cable, I attached a fused 12 volt plug to, and use either a 12 volt AC/DC power supply or a Gooloo jump starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
    Nice! Do you install an inline fuse between that and your Solix for insurance?
    Yes, I connected an auto receptacle to the output and attach a fused auto plug to the unit power cord. I have several of those auto receptacles in my boat also since I change stuff around frequently.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    For those that ice fish and would like an indoor 12 volt source. I would suggest a lithium lifepo4 battery. 12 volt 12 ah readily available for south of
    100.00. For those who have the need but do not ice fish. If you can use another battery on your boat. Can find 20 ah to 50 ah same setup lightweight but of course more money.

If you have no need for another battery for any purpose. Wayne's suggestion is excellent as usual.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I just purchased a 12V 10A Power supply from Amazon for a mere $18 and it works great. The 10A size is definitely strong enough and it even has an adapter with 2 set screws so you can connect to the "raw" ends of the power cable. I also purchased an extra power cable for indoor use... The SOLIX and ONIX Cables are the same and can be purchased on eBay... search for "Humminbird PC 12" or "Humminbird 720085-1".

There are many different power supplies that would work but here is the one I bought --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXXXBV8
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers