Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

St Johns ramp and hotel?

Starting to plan a trip for February to The St Johns. All I know is there is lots of water that covers distance. Could someone please give me a good ramp and boat friendly hotel to help me get pointed in the right direction? thanks

2. Member
    Palatka City Docks is a good middle ground. thats where most of the larger tournaments take off from. im going there in january and ill be headed south to george.

Hampton Inn right at the Palatka City Ramp, also Crystal cove, they have their own hotel and restaurant.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    If Crystal Cove has their ramp open, that'd be my destination.. Even if they don't it's only 10 minutes or so to PCD.

5. Member
    I'm thinking about fishing around Little lake George/North end of George. How bad is the run from Palatka? Or would I be better off staying up there?
    Last edited by 5 Alive; 11-01-2019 at 10:25 PM.

6. Member
    Usually when I go to a new lake I can find plenty of info on ramps and hotels on google but there doesn't seem to be many of either on the St. Johns?

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Alive View Post
    Usually when I go to a new lake I can find plenty of info on ramps and hotels on google but there doesn't seem to be many of either on the St. Johns?
    http://www.crystalcoveresortfl.com/

8. Member
    It’s about a 20 minute run from pcd to little George and a little more to George. Not many hotels down that way but two ramps near welaka. Best accommodations to stay in palatka. You can drive to the ramps in welaka from palatka which is about 20-25 minutes as well.

9. Member
    Regardless, probably best to book it now since the elites are coming back in February and lots of other folks coming to beat up the river fish.

There is a very knowledgeable member on here goes by Manatee Mauler, he will tell you where to go...…...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    There is a very knowledgeable member on here goes by Manatee Mauler, he will tell you where to go...…...
    Im sure MM would enjoy telling him where to go

12. Member
    Palatka would be my choice.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS View Post
    Regardless, probably best to book it now since the elites are coming back in February and lots of other folks coming to beat up the river fish.
    Good point thanks, I hadn't gotten around to checking the TX schedules. Looks like I'll be moving it up a week! I guess unless you're going to Disney World hotels are scars.

Welaka ramp good or before that is Shell Harbor ramp , both off of 309 which is off of 17 Satsuma, past East Palatka. Hotel in town use those ramps be in best areas save tons gas and hours boat !

15. Member
    I'm looking at just renting a cabin at Georgetown marina & lodge. Anyone have experience with them? thanks

16. Member
    There is a Tx out of PDC every weekend. Xtreme the first weekend(open with 60+boats), Elites the 2nd weekend, Costa the third, Messers(open) and several clubs the 4th
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

17. Member
    Don’t forget the first BFL of the season in January lol

18. Member
    My home water is Murray, Santee and Heartwell. A little TX pressure isn't anything new! I'm just surprised at the lack of boat ramps and parking. Other than PDC everything I'm seeing looks like a deadend road into the water with limited on street parking.

19. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Alive View Post
    Other than PDC everything I'm seeing looks like a deadend road into the water with limited on street parking.
    That's gonna make up a lot of the ramps in Fl.. Just about every marina/fishcamp/lodge, etc. will have a ramp that you can use for a fee.. Most have limited parking but are usually do-able if you're motivated.. Up in the "Direction to Fl Boat Ramps" thread you will find most of the "major" ramps listed. Scroll down to "St. Johns River" and they're listed from north to south. Also look at the individual lakes "Lake George" "Crescent Lake" for ramps on those.. Google Maps is your friend! Scroll/zoom in and take a peek.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Google Maps is your friend! Scroll/zoom in and take a peek.
    Yep, that's how I have been coming across these shady looking ramps. Not sure if it's a ramp or the road just goes into the river???

Thanks for the "Direction to Fl Boat Ramps" page!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast