RT 198 Owners with Dual Consoles?

Yeah or Nay. Are you glad you have the Passengers Console? Is it worth it or is it just in the way?
    Giving some thoughts of adding it to my boat, but also thinking it would be in the way.
    So, what are your thoughts?
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

2. Member
    I had a dual console added to my 198 when I bought it thinking it would be great for the family. After using it for about a year I decided to take it back out and it felt like a whole new boat. So much more room and the kids like it even better. You don't realize how much room it takes up until you take it out. It's staying out for me!
    1985 Ranger 373V
    2018 Ranger RT198P *SOLD*
    2019 Ranger Z521C

Quote Originally Posted by 99'Formula View Post
    I had a dual console added to my 198 when I bought it thinking it would be great for the family. After using it for about a year I decided to take it back out and it felt like a whole new boat. So much more room and the kids like it even better. You don't realize how much room it takes up until you take it out. It's staying out for me!
    Agree!!!
    I added one to a 188 and removed it later because it took up too much room. With no real storage on the back deck, the space at his feet is the only place a co-angler can put his tackle.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Thanks for the feed back. I guess I was thinking it might be a "Comfort" thingy for the passenger, but you confirmed my thoughts that is would just be "In the Way".

Thanks guys!
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    My wife really likes the console but if not for that going single console gives you more room and ease of landing fish on the port side. But a dual console looks more balanced so there's that. Fish probably don't care though.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

6. Member
    Fish solo 90% of the time and wouldn't be without mine! RT188

7. Member
    I have a dual and have fished with and without it in the boat. I chose to leave it in there as it's a comfort thing for the passenger as well as extra storage in a HUGE glove box. To each their own here, but I will be keeping it in going forward. Plus that console just adds a ton of flash to the boat.

8. Member
    Never felt the need to take mine out.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

9. Member
    I throw my Yeti soft side cooler under the passenger console. The glovebox is handy. Getting rods in and out is no biggie with the center storage. I do fish with one guy who tends to bring half the house LOL. We strap his big ole heavy tackle suitcase (it's huge) to the back deck chair moving between spots. Only in the roughest of water do we need to sit his suitcase in the floor between us. IMO dual or not is a personal preference.

I will say the RT188 is one of few 18'ers that I don't need a tilt wheel with. They have a bunch of room in the cockpit area.

Thanks guys, but I am not going to invest in one for the comfort of my passenger. I fish alone 90% of the time. I have a rod rack where the console would go, so I am good with that.
    I already invested a ton in the boat, so why spend more money for someone else. Now if they want to buy me one, awesome!
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest