Thread: Is it to late

Is it to late

Lost 100 pounds back in 2012, gained most of it back after I retired, now at pushing 69 is it to late to do it again? Really don’t know if I can do it again but would love to get this extra off!!

2. Member
    From everything I've read and heard, it's never "TOO" late to lose weight. If you're able, get out and walk for 30 minutes every day for 2 weeks and you'll see and feel a differece, I sure did. Good luck!

3. Member
    I hope it's never too late. Three years ago i started walking, eating better and lost 60 lbs...unfortunately life and such got in the way and i have gained most of it back, and i feel every pound. Also quit smoking at about the same time. So far haven't picked those back up but can't say it hasn't crossed my mind. And the fact that i will be 61 in a couple months is not helping. Like you, i am not sure i have the drive to get them off again. Hope to start walking again soon. Was up to 4-5 miles a day all over town...not on a track, lots of hills. We'll see where i am at Christmas. Will let you know!!
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger354 View Post
    I hope it's never too late. Three years ago i started walking, eating better and lost 60 lbs...unfortunately life and such got in the way and i have gained most of it back, and i feel every pound. Also quit smoking at about the same time. So far haven't picked those back up but can't say it hasn't crossed my mind. And the fact that i will be 61 in a couple months is not helping. Like you, i am not sure i have the drive to get them off again. Hope to start walking again soon. Was up to 4-5 miles a day all over town...not on a track, lots of hills. We'll see where i am at Christmas. Will let you know!!
    When I was 61 to sent to war with fat, miles a day on the tread mill, 200 set up a day crossing two fifty pound bar bells across my chest while using the big ball, working all the weight machines for a solid hour every day, while eating a lot of fish , salmon and nuts to chew on. All ythat work got me from 267 to 167 lightest I weighed in 50 years. Now retired at 68 its almost back..

5. Member
    See several people in different Keto/carnivore groups over 70 who have lost weight and gotten more healthy. Never too late.

6. Member
    Never too late! Older than you and work at it every (well, almost every) day.
    I have found that what you eat (and how much) is the most important thing for weight loss.
    We do low carb.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

7. Member
    Good news. I'm 74 and I've dropped 31# since April. I'm close to where I should weigh for 1st time in 20+ years.

For perspective, I'm 5'7" and weigh 167# , down from 198 in April.
    The good news is the food plan my wife and I are using has never left me hungry.
    It's called Whole30 and is simple to follow. You can pull the grocery list off the internet and read plenty of info about it.
    If you are serious about it it will work. You stop eating dairy products, sweetened food/drinks and some grains and beans.
    When I explain this to folks I get, "Oh, I can't give up my cokes or ice cream, etc". My reply, " Oh, sorry you aren't serious i see. "
    The great news is what you can eat. I've had hash browns, eggs, bacon or sausage and a banana for breakfast every morning since I started this. No cereal, milk or grits but look what I could have!
    For sweets we eat melons and fruits. I make a snack box of nuts and dried unsweetened fruit. No peanuts, thats a legume.
    Dinner tonight was beef stew with potato, carrots and onions along with cut up watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew.
    My wife makes a fantastic salad with a dozen items in it. We will buy a roasted chicken and chop up in salad for lunch sometimes.
    Once you get past the 1st month you pretty much are on cruise since there are so many good things you eat.
    Healthwise as follows:
    Cholesterol dropped from 200 to 160.
    Blood pressure dropped from 160/90 to 135/65
    My blood work showed improvement in every category that needed attention. This was 6 months into the plan.
    I'm in mostly a maintenance mode now so I have an occasional beer or dessert but I've worked too hard to backslide so I use moderation when enjoying the occasional " bad stuff".
    Didn't mean to go on and on but I'm excited by how easy and effective this is.
    Good luck. Be glad to answer any questions.

8. Member
    Very interesting Ray, thanks for the encouragement, got to get my mind straight in a full forward stride I guess!!!

It's never to late or a bad idea to eat a little better and make positive changes.

I've accepted i'll never hit my high school weight, but that does mean tomorrow can;t be a little better than today.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

10. Member
    I am now 265 at 69 years old it would be a hard hill to climb, my doctors say my body mass is sky hi, gained 50 pounds since I retired three years ago, I feel beyond hope of getting back to 200 pounds or lighter.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    I am now 265 at 69 years old it would be a hard hill to climb, my doctors say my body mass is sky hi, gained 50 pounds since I retired three years ago, I feel beyond hope of getting back to 200 pounds or lighter.
    My father-in-law is doing it. Lost 25 lb by cutting carbs and not eating late at night. Feels much better too. You can do anything you put your mind to20200130_181516.jpg