Thread: Opening day

Opening day

Weather is shaping up perfectly for the opening day of rifle season (Sat.) Tropical storm is sitting over us at the moment but is supposed to get pushed out by a cold front on Friday and then be clear and cold for the overnight. Perfect conditions for my tree stand over a scrape line heading back to the bedding area.

2. Member
    Just a bump on my own thread to tell you about the big let-down.

Yesterday was a beautiful day about 10 degrees warmer than forecasted. Lots of little woodland critters kept me entertained for 3+ hours but not a single deer despite tracks and sign all around. Also missing was the normal hunting pressure that often pushes them past the stand

Bummer dude. I spent Thursday- Sunday in South Georgia hunting and saw bunches and bunches of deer. Lots of bucks too small to shoot A couple that were borderline and I passed on. Took a doe Sunday morning for some freezer meat. I saw 19 deer at one sit yesterday morning. Even had another doe walk up to the one I had shot and stood around to taunt me.
    fun being in the woods and seeing stuff. Saw a huge pig but couldn’t get my rifle up in time.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Opening day of Rifle this Saturday.

Drivng in a Buck crossed my path, then a fox or coyote. I’m thinking this gonna be great.

In the stand tans an hour before 1st light and only saw on deer all morning

Sunday all I saw was turkeys...........

cant hunt this weekend, but I’ll be out the follow two.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. Member
    5 hours of sitting so far and a grand total of 1 deer. My neighbor is laid-up so I took his boy to my buddy's farm this evening. We saw one little doe. They've been seeing 10-15 at dusk but have also fired at two within the last week so they might be getting edgicated.