Cleaning hull of boat????

Well its time to put the ole girl away for the year. Ive had my Tracker 185 for 3 years now and havent really taken the time to clean the hull. Wondering what you guys use to get the scum line off and all that? I purchased Aluminum Brightener from NAPA a couple of years ago but didnt get around to using it. Although I really dont want to use it because seeing it could turn the aluminum white.

Just seeing what you guys recommend that wont break the bank.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

2. Member
    Simple Green.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

3. Member
    Scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Simple Green.
    Will give it a try. Thanks
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

Hey Brad, hope you and the boys had a great fishing season, it's a lot of work to make our boats shine, good luck with that. Couple years ago I used an aluminum cleaner (not sure of brand) and it did turn white but then I polished it with "White Diamond" it was messy but did a great job. I then coated it with Sharkshide which to this day has kept it looking good and washes off easy.
    Last edited by rtlgator; 11-02-2019 at 08:32 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    Hey Brad, hope you and the boys had a great fishing season, it's a lot of work to make our boats shine, good luck with that. Couple years ago I used an aluminum cleaner (not sure of brand) and it did turn white but then I polished it with "White Diamond" it was messy but did a great job. I then coated it with Sharkshide which to this day has kept it looking good and washes off easy.
    Good to hear from you. Yea I seen your post when I did a search about the aluminum cleaner but opted to just use simple green. Mine wasnt to bad just need to get the scum line cleaned up a bit. Boys and I got to get out a few times but not nearly as much as we liked. Worked dragged on a month longer than usual with the wet spring and so that took days away from the lake. Did get up to the UP of Michigan for a week and caught a few smallies and pike. Hopefully next year we can get out more.
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

Car wash.

Spray with Vinegar, let sit for about 5 mins, then spray off and use the car wash brush, rinse and use lucas slick mist while crying....

8. Member
    Starbrite hull cleaner works great Walmart or Amazon

9. Member
    Majic erasers (I use walmart ones ) do a great job

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    I second the use of Sharkhide. Fantastic protector. I have a friend with an aluminum bodied car. Coated it with Sharkhide 10 years ago and it looks the same today.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Car wash.

Spray with Vinegar, let sit for about 5 mins, then spray off and use the car wash brush, rinse and use lucas slick mist while crying....
    Do you really have to cry while using the lucas mist? People may look at you funny.

12. Member
    Duragloss 861 aluminum cleaner and brighter IMG_3870.JPG