Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Yep. Doesn’t sound right to me. Sounds like a cranky old guy got a little too cranky.
    Kind of what I thought too. Maybe why they mentioned his age.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    Kansas is an open carry state, some of those people would have a kaniption fit if they visited WM here. One good lookin young blonde gal visited once a week with her baby in a stroller and a 9 strapped on her hip. Not to mention the CC that are most often not Concealed too well.

It would probably make sense for Walmart just to stop selling guns.

"were you a hall montor in school" I'd say he nailed it and pissed some goober off and this is about retaliation
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Surprised one of those soldier of fortune types didn't shoot the old man. Hopefully the truth comes out. If he is truthful that employee needs to be fired and arrested.
    And if the employee is correct, then the old man got what he deserved.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    If he was returning it wouldn't he have it in the box it came in. His story doesn't add up. If I was returning something I wouldn't leave it in the car while I talked to them about the return. Too fishy to me.
    So, people never throw the box away as soon as they get something out? I’ve returned stuff that didn’t have the box any more. And to your other point, you might leave it in the car if it was, or resembled, a firearm due to the hysteria around firearms that is all to prevalent in this countries.

As far as the immediate overreaction that Walmart over reacted, there is nowhere near enough information in that article to draw any real conclusions. You can’t just fill in the blanks with details that you create and call that truth.

My guess, and that’s all it is, is that the old man’s story doesn’t hold water. There’s always other customers around the customer service desk that could corroborate one story or the other.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    If he was returning it wouldn't he have it in the box it came in. His story doesn't add up. If I was returning something I wouldn't leave it in the car while I talked to them about the return. Too fishy to me.

So, people never throw the box away as soon as they get something out?

I always keep the box when it comes to certain purchases. It’s easier to return and you just show the receipt and the box to the person at the door for a return tag. I agree, it’s a little fishy to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Gave it up after a year and back to retirement. It was an eye opening ride.
    Good thing you returned to retirement.

A guy like this could have shot that eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Surprised one of those soldier of fortune types didn't shoot the old man. Hopefully the truth comes out. If he is truthful that employee needs to be fired and arrested.
    I'm sure the "soldier of fortune types" you speak of have cooler heads than that. Now if you're talking about wanna-be soldier types, then I would tend to agree.
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumRanger View Post
    I'm sure the "soldier of fortune types" you speak of have cooler heads than that. Now if you're talking about wanna-be soldier types, then I would tend to agree.
    lol thats who I am talking about. I thought the soldier of fortune reference made it clear. Do you remember the magazine?

Reading comprehension is a lost art these days. ��
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

12. Member
    Whoever is right, and whoever is wrong....I hope the in-store cameras were working and have sound recording, too.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Ok this is starting to sound like a movie you would see Walter Matthau or Jack Lemon in

14. Member
    Baum was arrested and charged with inducing panic, menacing and aggravated menacing. He pleaded not guilty.
    if this was true, everyone in the MM would be in jail.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

I disagree. If I were to return a BB gun. I would go in first and check protocol. I wouldn't want to be seen as the gun wielding man walking in the front door. Keep in mind I'm in CT we are a bit more uptight here, than other places.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

16. Member
    It is his words, not the BB gun, that got this old fart in trouble. I'm glad the LEOs did their job.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    It is his words, not the BB gun, that got this old fart in trouble. I'm glad the LEOs did their job.
    I am waiting for a follow up story one side is lying for sure. If he threatened the work he is off his rocker.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post

I guess he got tired of the dumb crap.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    I disagree. If I were to return a BB gun. I would go in first and check protocol. I wouldn't want to be seen as the gun wielding man walking in the front door. Keep in mind I'm in CT we are a bit more uptight here, than other places.
    Baum said he went in and asked and that the associate told him to bring it in. That should be pretty easy to see on surveillance

20. Banned
    So you're gonna head into the store without the merchandise, wait in line, explain that you want to return something, then head out to the car retrieve the item and then wait in line again hoping you get the same person you spoke to before???... Ok... Dan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast